Chapter 46: Day 5 - Battle

Chapter 46: Day 5 – Battle

"Am I ready for this?"

"Yes," Topanga answered, "You are ready for this. We all are."

"And we have everything we need?"

"Yes," Pilote replied.

"I'm sorry," I groaned, "I know I'm being paranoid."

"It's okay," Pilote held my hand, "But it's time to leave."

I took a deep breath, "Okay."

"We'll see you at the battle," Sam said.

Pilote and I both nodded, "See you there. Good luck."

"You too."

                        I looked down at my feet to see Snow standing there. I picked her up quickly, "I'm sorry to leave you down here Snow. Go say hi to my parents for me."

Pilote pet her quickly, "See ya Snow."

                        I set Snow down on the floor before standing back up. Pilote and I started running first; up the spiral staircase as fast as we could run and through the ruins of my old house. We ran through the city faster than we could see. We agreed to run most of the way because after one of Miranda's spells Pilote and I haven't had time to practice our abilities. Our eyes still cannot adjust to look like a human's eyes, although we finally got the hang of adjusting our claws. If Pilote and I tried to ride on a bus or a subway, it would give us away. Another thing we cannot risk. When we reached the deserted country we slowed down to a walk to take a break. Pilote took a few granola bars out of his backpack for a snack.

"You know if we weren't running to fight in a war a trip like this might actually be nice."

"And if we didn't have to avoid humans to prevent from scaring them away."

"Exactly."

"It would be, I give you that. We'll have to take a trip like this someday."

"We have plenty of time."

He chuckled, "Yeah that's for sure."

"When is the bus going off?"

Pilote looked down at his watch, "An hour."

"Will we make it in time?"

He nodded, "We should make it just in time."

"I'm kind of scared to face my sister again. What do I say? She betrayed our entire race. On the other hand she's somehow going to tie us to the Silthra which is a good thing."

"It's confusing, that's for sure. Don't be too hard on her. You can always talk out the details later. When we get there it'll be all about the war and nothing else."

"That's true. I'll stop thinking about it now."

"Good, let's start running again."

                        I finished the last part of my granola bar and held Pilote's hand again. We started running again, following one of the courses Seth mapped out for us. I could feel my heart beating in my chest, fast and faster, the closer we got to our destination. Everything I have been through in my life, every lesson I've learned, has led up to this moment. All of the training I've done has led up to this one fight. All the reading and researching I've done on the Tigmas and Silthras, it's all led up to this day. It's now or never. We give it all we've got or we lose. It's up to me, it's up to us, to give the Tigmas their freedom. It's not just about the Tigmas though, is it? It's about all of the other races. The humans will be finding out about the Tigmas, the Silthra, the Fauhl, and the Ruhk. Every race will mostly be exposed. We're giving everybody their freedom. We're giving everybody the chance to live their lives without being scared of someone trying to kill them. We passed the last marker on the map meaning we're almost to the bus. I focused my eyes ahead of us and I could see the bus. I quickly pulled Pilote with me into a tree.