Chapter 48: Time to Tell Murera

                        After a long meeting with the President of the United States the Tigma soldiers were sent home and Pilote, Topanga, Sam, Jasmine, Tim, Nikki, Stefan, Teegan, John, and I were instructed to follow the President’s orders. We took his private jet to the airport closest to Murera where the President rented a large vehicle for all of us to ride in. At that point John insisted on driving instead of trying to explain how to get to Murera.

                        I’m nervous, I thought to Pilote. I’m extremely nervous. What are the Tigmas going to think when we bring the President down?

I don’t know. I definitely didn’t expect the President to show up that’s for sure.

But he has the contract. All that has to be done now is for him and my parents to sign it.

Then the Tigmas should be happy. A lot were lost, but we did what we set out to do.

“We’re here,” John said.

I nodded and everybody stepped out of the vehicle.

“Mr. President,” I said, “You’ll want to follow my lead and don’t ask questions. I know how confusing this is going to be.”

“These are ruins,” he replied. “This house blew up a few years ago.”

“Yes it did,” I nodded, “I grew up here. My adopted parents lived here.”

He nodded, “I will follow your orders this time. After all, you are the Tigma princess.”

                        Wow. I didn’t think that one through. I’ve never been called princess before. We stepped through the ruins and I felt the neighborhood’s eyes on us. I’m sure the entire war was released on TV. I’m sure the entire world now knows we exist. I heard a few gasps from the adults when they saw our eyes and I saw a few children hiding behind their moms. I guess it will take getting used to. It’s their instincts to be afraid. I started down the stairs with Pilote and the President close behind while everybody else followed. I unlocked the security system and stepped into the room of rulers.

“What is this?” the president asked.

“This is the room of rulers,” I answered. “This is the room with books about our history. Follow me.”

                        I set the book down and activated the door to the meeting room. “This is the meeting room. The chosen ones and I held our meetings up here. The paintings on the walls are our history also. The chosen ones’ house is just down these stairs.”

“This is remarkable,” the president spoke, “I never could have guessed this was all down here.”

                        I stepped into the hallway. I can’t think about these bedrooms right now; the bedrooms that will now stay empty because so many of them are gone. “This is our house. Murera is this way.”

I stopped just before the balcony.

“What is it?” Pilote asked.

“Teegan and John, come here,” I said.

They stepped forward and stood on either side of Pilote and I.

“We have to go first,” I explained, “we’re the chosen ones and they’ll want to see if we all survived.”

They both nodded.

                        I reached over and held Teegan’s hand. I smiled at her quickly before reached over and taking Pilote’s hand. In turn he took John’s too. We are united. We stepped forward onto the balcony and I held my breath. It’s the same, but somehow different. The Tigmas in the streets turned to look at us and stood still. They notice immediately. Only four of the nine chosen ones survived the war. The others are gone. They all got onto their feet and clapped. I let go of Teegan’s hand in order to wipe the tears that were now streaming down my face. Teegan did the same thing.