Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Pilote's hand was on mine and I held onto him continuing to look out at the people of Murera. These were the Tigmas. There are thousands of them maybe even millions. Everyone was downstairs from our house the whole time. I wrapped my free arm around his and held onto him tighter than before as he kissed my head. We were shocked, but more happy than anything else. I heard gasps and laughing from behind me. We're home. We've been home this whole time.

Everyone looked up at us in surprise. They've been hiding under here for years waiting for us. We've been their hope and now we're here. No one below us moved once they saw we were here. They didn't know what to say or what to do. Two people, a couple, emerged in front of the rest of them and smiled up at us. They came out of a large golden castle next to the balcony we stood on. The couple then bowed, causing a ripple effect to the rest of the city. My jaw dropped and I looked over at Jasmine in surprise, but she was already smiling at me. Millions of people bowed in front of us and they quickly stood back up.

Pilote, I thought to him, this is it isn't it?

Yes He thought back to me, This is it.

It's beautiful.

I love you he thought to me, this is the beginning.

Yes it is I thought to him. I love you too. Thank you for finding me. I never could have done this without you.

You're my soul mate Rolla you don't need to thank me.

But I feel like I should. You've done so much for me. What have I done for you? I thought while looking up at him.

You've survived. You're living and you're here with me. That's enough He thought.

I love you.

I know, I love you too. It's time to face them.

I looked back out at the city, my focus being on the Tigmas. The couple in front walked up the stairs and Jasmine and I faced them. Pilote tried to let go and join the rest of the chosen ones, but I kept my grip on his hand and wouldn't let him move. You can't leave me I thought to him. I need you here.

I'm not leaving he thought, but you're the leaders I don't need to be in front.

Yes you do I thought back. I need you to be.

Okay he thought. Don't worry I'm here.

He tightened his grip on my hand again and the couple reached us. They looked at Jasmine and I. Wait... they couldn't be. I made connections in my head as the man started talking. "Jasmine?" the man asked.

"Rolla?" the woman followed.

Jasmine and I looked over at each other before looking back at them. "Yes," we said together.

"We're glad you're here," the man said. "We've been waiting for you. I'm Klaus Carter, your father."

"And I'm Bella Carter, your mother."

"We're the King and Queen of Murera," Klaus said.

"Welcome home," Bella said putting her hand out and pointing to the city.

We faced the city again and everyone stopped what they were doing to stand up and clap for us. Klaus and Bella headed down the stairs and we followed. We circled around and walked underneath the balcony to the castle. The chosen ones' house was the top level of the castle. The lower level of the castle was the King and Queen's house. They led us to a large living room and we sat down to talk. The walls and ceilings were gold with painted designs everywhere. There were chandeliers and furniture that must have cost them hundreds of dollars. It was the biggest room I have ever seen. "We know this is overwhelming for you," Klaus said, "But we need to know everything."