Chapter 43: Day 3 Afternoon

“Do you have Seth’s instructions?” I asked Carlot and Vince.

They both nodded.

“And you remember everything you’re supposed to do?”

They nodded again and Vince answered, “We’re running all the way to the motel where we will be staying until we have further instructions from Seth.”

“Good,” I nodded.

“And we are to stay out of sight,” Carlot added, “So nobody suspects we are Tigmas.”

“Good,” I said again.

“Good luck,” Pilote said. “We’ll meet you there at the bus in two days.”

“Be strong,” I told them, “You’re warriors.”

They nodded, smiled, and then they were gone.

“You okay?” Topanga asked me.

“How many more times do we have to do this?” I wondered.

“Two or three,” Sam answered, “Depending on how many groups the soldiers travel in.”

I took a deep breath, “We can do this.”

“We can,” Pilote put his arm around me.

“You okay?” Selma asked.

I nodded and smiled, “What should we do for a late lunch?”

“I can order a pizza?” John suggested.

“That sounds amazing actually.”

“I’ll go with you to get it,” Sam offered.

“Thanks man, let’s go now.”

“And we will set up,” Topanga said. “Kitchen or dining room?”

“Dining room,” I quickly answered, “There is nowhere near enough room in the kitchen for all of us.”

                        It’s hard saying goodbye to everyone so often like this. The worst part is that we never know if we’ll see them again. Sure we’ll steal glances during the fighting, but we might not. This goodbye could be our real goodbyes to them. I might never see them again. They’re my family. I don’t want to lose them. I went to my room quickly while everyone set up for lunch. Selma walked in behind me.

“What’s up?” I asked her.

She shrugged, “Just wanted to make sure you’re okay.”

“This is hard isn’t it? Saying goodbye to everyone?”

She nodded, “We’ve been living together for years. It’s hard to say goodbye to anyone.”

I sighed, “I guess I’m just not very good at it. Sorry if I’ve been down lately.”

“It’s okay,” she smiled. “This will all be over soon, you know?”

“Yeah, but not everyone is going to make it out alive. How do I deal with that?”

“You need to take it one step at a time. Don’t concentrate on that now. Concentrate on all the good things you’ll do with this. Tell yourself what good will come of this.”

“Like what?” I asked her.

“Like the fact that the Tigmas will get to live wherever they want and do anything they want freely without being scared. For the first time in a long time we’ll be free. You’ll inspire everyone in the world, including people from the other races. Everyone will know about all the other races and we’ll all have peace.”