Chapter 7

Book 1: Tiger's Eye

Book 2: Concealment

Book 3: Ignited

Book 4: Fidelity

Chapter 7

"Remember me?" she asked.

"No," I replied. I would not lie to my sister. A few months ago I had no idea the Tigma race existed, let alone remember anything about my life there.

"Me either. Crazy right?"

"Definitely."

We stood there staring at each other with Pilote and Vince staring back at us. More of the chosen ones showed up, but none of us moved. Everyone stood there watching Jasmine and I as we stared at each other. I couldn't tell who was more scared. Jasmine smiled and I smiled back before we hugged each other tightly. I don't know how long we stood there looking at each other, but some of the chosen ones lived halfway across the world. It took them a long time to get there. It's the first time we've all stood in the same room together since we were born.

Jasmine and I let go of each other and we approached the star as she took off her necklace. The other eight already put theirs in while Jasmine and I were staring at each other. Jasmine was last and I had a feeling Caprika and Odyss knew that and something big was about to happen. After all, it's the first time the chosen ones have united. She slowly put it in and the entire room lit up. The paintings on the walls all came to life and told our story around us before our eyes. None of us had to move. The pictures moved around for us. This was more than Tigmas. This was magic. Jasmine and I were raised above the ground and forced into the middle of the room as the chosen ones circled us. Gravity wasn't controlling us anymore. Nothing was. Jasmine and I stood back to back and the chosen ones hovered above the ground in a circle. We grabbed each other's hands and the others repeated. Slowly, we lowered back to the ground and the room dimmed and the pictures returned to the wall. That was more than I expected to happen. Jasmine and I landed on a large chest. I couldn't tell when it had appeared there. When we opened it we saw brand new necklaces.

The new necklaces looked like circular gold coins on a gold chain. It was a duplicate of the painting except the middle was a full heart instead of a broken one because Jasmine and I were united. We grabbed one and put it on, looked at each other, and finally started talking. We finally had a chance to get to know each other. Pilote came over and wrapped his arms around me. We all sat on the ground and started talking.

"First question," Selma said, "Are you two soulmates?"

Pilote and I both chuckled a little. "Yes," I told her, "We are."

"Phew," she said.

"Why?" Pilote asked.

"Didn't you guys read the soul mate part of the book?" Carlot asked.

"Not really," I said, "I just started reading it. I haven't even finished it yet."

"The book says that one of the chosen ones will have a soul mate in the group," Selma said. "Only two chosen ones will find their soul mates first because it's each other. The rest of us have to wait until we've figured out the war and found where everyone's hiding."

I looked at Pilote, "Did you know that?"

He nodded, "I was pretty happy when I found out it was us."

I giggled, "I'm sure you were."

We each told our story, starting with Jasmine and I. Since I found the place, I went first and told them everything I knew. When I finished I sat quietly and listened to Jasmine. I couldn't read her mind like I could Pilote so I still knew nothing about her. I leaned against Pilote and listened closely.