Chapter 30: Original Tigma Powers

“We were best friends before we knew about witches or the Samoulte or anything. We would do anything for each other; including die for each other. I helped her with some of her spells when she was getting used to her powers. She didn’t mean to create the curse; it was an accident. When she did she said she was glad it was on me. She said I deserve to live forever because I’ll help everyone. Her family didn’t really fit in with the others in the witch community. They were too close to our family; it was dangerous.”

“Find them,” John said, “That family. Maybe they haven’t changed.”

“We did,” Sam said, “But they have. We were lucky to find a witch to help us at all.”

“This isn’t the point,” I said aggravated. “The point is that we have books and maps and spells but we have no idea what the maps are to. I want you guys to look over the maps and the books and try to figure out what it all means. I thought that maybe since we’re all from different parts of the world that maybe we could figure it out together.”

“We can,” Selma said. “You can count on us.”

“We’re the chosen ones,” Carlot said. “We can do anything.”

“I’ll take the maps,” Seth said. “I can figure them out.”

                        We practically lived in the meeting room for the next few days trying to figure out what everything that the Hopkins found meant. We took all the books and resources we had. We scattered them all over the floor and tables. Some separated to work on the maps and the computer. Topanga, Sam and a few others worked on the spells and the rest of us worked on the books and scrolls. My parents waited a few days before coming to check up on us. I was almost relieved because I didn’t want to be bothered by my parents or the Gods in any way. After Topanga’s outburst I expected them to come in my dreams, but they didn’t.

“What’s going on?” Dad asked walking into the room. “We haven’t seen you in days.”

“We’re trying to figure something out,” I told him. “I’m okay.”

“It’s about the Samoulte isn’t it?” Mom asked.

I nodded, “Mom you would actually love getting to know Topanga and Sam.”

“Why is that?” Topanga walked up and asked.

“Mom loves learning about the Samoulte and different soul mate powers.”

“Really? Then I’d love to talk to someone about it.”

“We have to figure this out first,” Sam said.

“I don’t know!” Topanga threw up some of the papers in the air. “I give up!”

“We can’t give up now,” Pilote said.

“It’s been days! Topanga yelled, “And Sam and I have been trying to figure it out for years. It’s no use.”

“I got it!” Seth yelled.

“You did?!” I asked him. I looked over at my parents.

“Okay,” dad said. “We got it. We’ll leave.”

                        Seth walked over with the maps and set them down in the middle of the circle on the floor, “It’s not a present map.”

“Then what is it?” Topanga asked.

“It’s a future map,” he said, “It’s a prediction of what the world’s going to be like.”