40: Vren

The medicine I took might have quelled my headache, but I honestly think the soup Mira prepared did the trick to get me back in a tip-top condition.

Despite my insistence that she should head back to Medialink, Mira refused to leave my side. After having breakfast, I took a nap, hoping it would completely cure my hangover. And when I woke up, it was to find her already asleep as well, seated on the cushioned armchair across my bed.

I checked the digital clock on my bedside table — almost lunchtime.

I was still a bit dizzy but I figured it will go away with a shower. Just as I predicted, the first spritz of water calmed my throbbing head and wore away last night's traces of my drinking spree.

****

Naligo at nagbihis na ako, pero hindi pa rin nagigising si Mira. I approached her, taking note of how peaceful her very feminine face appeared while sleeping — long lashes, small but chiseled nose, pink lips, and long black hair framing her face nicely.

I couldn't help but smile. Kahit gaano kataray ang babaeng ito, one can't help but eventually soften towards her. It must be because of her innocent features.

Completely aware of what I was about to do, I inched my face towards her and planted a quick kiss on her forehead.

Then I stood, patted her shoulder slightly, and said when it's clear that she's awake, "Hey, get up. We're going out for lunch."