12: Vren

"Lally, hand me the papers of the applicants for the AD Head position," utos ko sa secretary ko.

"Yes, sir. Let me get them from HR," Lally replied, then turned to leave my office.

I glanced at my watch. It's nearly six, and I could see the last traces of sunset from the glass window of my office.

Lally returned shortly after. "Sir, here are the files."

She placed three white folders on my table, each labeled on the side with the name of the applicant whose documents it held.

Altamirano, Kyle Bryan
Cruz, Desiree Anne
Custodio, Mirathea

"Gotcha," I muttered. I took the last folder and scanned its contents.

The first thing I saw was a formal photo of Miss Loudmouth — siyempre, dahil resume niya ang tinitingnan ko. She was smiling at the camera in a self-assured way. Kahit sa picture pa lang ay halata na ang malakas na personalidad ng babaeng 'to.

And I like that.

Speaking as a boss, of course. We need tough people in the company.

I found her address, followed by her contact number. I got my phone and saved the entry.

Graduated magna cum laude, Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, from Pierceson University. Topnotcher of the CPA Licensure Examinations.

Worked for four and a half years at ABV Company, last post — accounting manager.

Attended conferences and seminars, both local and international. Member of different accounting professionals' organizations, here and abroad.

Well, I must admit na impressive nga ang credentials ni Miss Loudmouth — alright, ni Ms. Custodio. No wonder, nanghinayang ang HR nang hindi siya makarating sa final interview kanina.

But come to think of it, wala namang underqualified na aplikanteng maglalakas-loob na mag-apply sa aking kompanya. Medialink Marketing is undoubtedly one of the biggest companies in the country — we only accept the best people to work with us.

To be fair, I also scanned the credentials of the other two applicants. Unfortunately, they were behind Mirathea Custodio's qualifications.

"Lally, come here again," I said, calling the attention of my secretary once more.

"Yes, sir?" she asked, peering at the doorway.

"Go to HR. Tell them that I've chosen our new Accounting Department Head."