79. Eye of the Tiger

They continued walking, keeping their guards up in case they run into any Hydra people or the Winter Soldier. They passed more destroyed halls and collapsed rooms. The Avengers did their worst and it only seems to be getting worse.

Peter sensed something and he stopped walking. He heard something and he got that tingling sensation he always gets when something bad is happening. 

"Down!" He shouted.

The others barely had enough time to register what was happening. They ducked just in time, bullets flying over their heads. Galilea dared looked up and saw Bucky shooting at them, but it isn't him, it's the Winter Soldier. He stopped shooting and Gali took the chance to yell out "Bucky!"

The man hesitated on his next moves as he recognized the voice "Bucky!" She tried again. His head twitched and he closed his eyes. An image of a brunette girl flashed through his head but he pushed it back and loaded the gun.

"For someone who's lost and troubled sure doesn't have any trouble on shooting us" Loki spoke "ow!" He glared at the person who kicked him.

The Winter Soldier loaded the gun and began to shoot again "James!" Gali shouted as she pulled up a wall shield, the bullets hit the shield and fell to the ground.

They slowly got up and the shooting increased but the bullets didn't go through "I don't think he likes being called James" Loki commented. Everyone shot him dirty looks.

"I have to get near him" Galilea told them.

"You're going to get yourself killed" Happy's voice came from the droid buzzing next to them.

"I've dealt with him. I know his moves. Like Maria said, he and I formed a bond. He needs a friendly face right now not some stranger who's trying to kill him" Galilea explained.

Before anyone could say anything, Galilea exited through her shield but kept it up. She formed a half bubble shield around her so she won't get shot at.

"Bucky... Bucky!" She yelled after the Winter Soldier ran. She ran after him and the others were left behind the shield.

Gali jumped over a pipe and took a sharp left where she barley dodged a blow to the head by the Winter Soldier. She grabbed his arm and threw him to the side where he hit a wall. He quickly got up and they began to fight.

It reminded Galilea of her first encounter with the Winter Soldier. He tried to punch her but she caught his metal hand and twisted it. He was brought down by the forced but kicked his legs up and pushed Galilea away from him. He stood up and approached Galilea in a threatening manner. He pulled his metal arm back, ready to punch her but Gali now able to use her powers, mentally pushed him back and slammed him against a wall. He tried to push himself off but couldn't. 

"Bucky" Gali panted "Bucky remember..." She panted "Cyclone. Shield. Museum" she took in a deep breath and felt her lungs burn. My inhaler "Line. Howling. Alley. Rogers. Two. Sneak. Stark Expo"

She pulled the blue inhaler out of her pocket, shook it and brought it up to her mouth. She took two puffs and steadied her breath.

"Cyclone. Shield. Museum. Line. Howling. Alley. Rogers. Two. Sneak. Stark Expo" she kept repeating the words and let go of the man.

He struggled with himself. Images flashed in his head. The girl in front of him in many memories. The words triggered more memories and he fell to his knees as he held his head in his hands. Bucky groaned and moaned and Galilea got on her knees and kept repeating the words more slowly and softer.

"Cyclone. Shield. Museum. Line. Howling. Alley. Rogers. Two. Sneak. Stark Expo" two more times and by the third time Bucky was saying them back. He looked up at Galilea, his blue eyes locking with her brown ones, recognition flooded his face.

"Gali" Bucky panted.

Galilea smiled softly "hi James"

"Y-you-you came ba-back"

"I'm sorry I left you behind. I broke my promise" she softly apologized.

"You came back. You didn't break your promise" Bucky didn't break eye contact with Galilea "what- what's happening? What's- you're bleeding" his eyes landed on the bleeding cut on Gali's temple. She brought her fingers up and winced, felt the warm blood on her fingertips "it was me" Bucky gloomily said with self hatred in his voice.

"You didn't know" she compassionately said with a slight shake of her head. A loud crash in the distance was heard and their hands snapped up.

"What was that?" He questioned. 

"Probably Thor smashing his way out. Oops" Gali scratched the back of her head as she realized that she left her friends behind the shield with no way out.

A buzzing was heard and the droid flew over to them "thank god, I thought you died!" Happy sighed in relief.

"I'm pretty much alive" Galilea answered with a sly smile.

"Is that him, is he... normal?" Kamilla cautiously asked.

"He's fine. Aren't you James?" Galilea turned to James.

"I prefer Bucky" he answered.

"He's fine!" She nodded at the droid.

Heavy running footsteps were heard and the five appeared around the corner. Their eyes landed on the two people kneeling on the ground and to the small droid flying next to them, then back to James and Galilea.

"Are you alright?" Phil was the first to speak up.

"I'm fine. We're both fine" Galilea stood up and felt a wave a dizziness hit her. She wobbled on her feet and Bucky was quick to reach up and steadied her. 

"Are you sure you're alright?" Phil asked again.

"Fine... I'm fine" Gali leaned against the wall and closed her eyes. She took in deep breaths, her right hand clutching the inhaler.

"Jarvis, can you do a scan?" Kamilla's voice was heard through the bug. A light blue light came out of it and scanned Galilea.

"It was a head rush" the A.I. answered. Gali smirked "you should keep using your inhaler, Miss Stark. Don't push yourself"

"Thank you Jarvis" Gali singsonged. 

"So, you're Bucky? Cool arm" Peter eyed the metal arm.

"Who are you?" Bucky eyed the masked boy.

"Right now I am Spider-Man"

Bucky's eyes trailed over to the others and eyed them "did you all came to save me?" He slowly asked.

"We did" Thor nodded.

Bucky felt touch. Complete strangers risked their lives to save him and all he did in return was shoot at them. 

"James, meet Thor, his brother Loki, Agent Phil Coulson, Agent Maria Hill, and the two voices from the droid are Kamilla and Happy" Galilea introduced. They waved small at the man and even the droid fluttered it wings differently.

"Guys this is James Buchanan Barnes. Also known as Bucky and when I was a kid, Sergeant Barnes"

"I hate to interrupt this touching introduction, but the other guys are in deep shit. Richard Roman has them trapped" Kamilla spoke up.

Their hearts fell to their stomachs. For a brief moment they forgot about the others and they felt like terrible, horrible people.

"The others? Who- who are the others?" Bucky asked.

"The team. They don't know we're here. Well Thor was with them but he's in on the plan" Galilea explained to her friend "I need you to put this in your ear" she handed him an earpiece "the ten words are on a loop. If they try to turn you into the Winter Soldier they won't succeed. I'm programming mine to say the words. Kami?"

Kamilla did some tapping on her laptop, Bucky and Gali heard the ten words. In some way it soothed them and felt connected to themselves. It will definitely help them against Hydra.

"Are we ready?" Loki asked them. They all nodded.

"Yeap, I got the music ready" Kamilla nodded.

"No music" her best friend warned. 

"Come on!" She whined "Eye of the Tiger!"