61. Jerome

"Why do you think you had that dream? The first Christmas without your parents" Dr. Grey asked Galilea.

She winced as she took in a deep breath "I never opened those Christmas presents. Not a single one. I guess... I hoped that if I ever got out of that place that I would open the presents" Gali shrugged.

"Something you wanted to do with your brother" Dr. Grey smiled small "you do realize that you said Tony and Kamilla's name without flinching"

"Did I?" Gali scrunched her eyebrows "I didn't even notice that I said their names"

"You weren't thinking about Hydra. You were you. So what happened next?" The doctor asked.

"I-" Gali scrunched her eyebrows and stared at the wall and tried to make sense of what's in her brain. She seems to remember a shadowy figure but she's not sure if it was real or in her head "Richard came to my room. Him and the other guy-"

"The male caretaker?"

"Yes. Him. They took me to a room that was covered in screens. The news from different countries were on. Horrible things that Hydra did. I asked Jerome how he could work for them but he didn't answer me"

"Who's Jerome?"

"Oh, that's what I called him. The male caretaker. I called him Jerome. You know from Gattaca?"

"Jude Law's character?"

"Yes. He looks like a young Jude Law. I told him that. Mariana agreed with me. I called him Jerome and Jude. I even sang Hey Jude. He was losing the will to live when he was around me. But it was fun to mess with him" Galilea smiled.

Dr. Grey noticed Galilea's happy change and took note of it "so what were you doing in the room with the screens?"

"Richard wanted to show me something. He turned on the biggest screen and the first thing I see is the man with the metal arm I saw when I fell outside his room. He was fighting Natasha. He pushed her off and she flew across the street and slammed against a car"

Nat rolled her shoulders at the memory of that "that really hurt" she mumbled

"It looked painful" Kami nodded.

"I asked who the metal arm guy is and Richard said that it's the Winter Soldier. I also made fun of the name. I mean it's summer so where's the Summer Soldier?"

"Oh my god. It's a miracle they didn't kill her" Tony mumbled under his breath.

"That's when I saw Peter. I've told him to stay away from trouble but he doesn't listen to me. I wanted him out. I told the team in the video to take care of him. He's 16. He doesn't need to be there" Gali was getting irritated.

"Do you feel responsible for Peter?" Dr. Grey asked.

"Yes. Ever since since I found out about him I've done everything I can to protect him. Yes okay, I trained him and made him a watch and made his suit but I don't want him to get hurt. If anything happens to him who is going to explain it to his aunt" Gali sighed and took a bite of another gummy worm "teenagers. That must've been how Tony felt when I was that age"

"You have no idea" Tony mumbled. 

"What happened next?" Dr. Grey asked. 

"The Winter Soldier was trying to pull out the arc reactor in Tony's suit. The thing that keeps him alive. I got worried and told Richard to call the Winter Soldier off. He was taunting me and I got mad and I don't know what happened but with a sudden surge of power I tapped in my powers and for about two minutes I used compulsion and ordered the man to call off the metal arm guy"