21. Sleepless in Seattle

The elevator stopped once it reached the floor. The doors opened and Steve walked in the familiar room.

"Thor, I told you to cover me!" He heard Tony yell.

"This is most confusing" Thor was heard.

Steve walked into the living room and saw Thor, Tony, Clint, and Kamilla playing Halo.

"I'm coming after you!" Clint exclaimed in a creepy way.

They were furiously pressing buttons and Thor... well he was trying. And by the looks of it, it looks that he's actually doing something. Tony glanced over from the TV screen.

"Hey Cap. Thor you shot me!"

"Sorry" Thor pressed buttons on the remote. They are so into the game, Steve doesn't want to ruin it and then get yelled at... again. Last week he interrupted their game, Clint's team lost and he yelled at Steve.

"Gali is in her room" Kamilla said, not taking her eyes off the TV screen.

"Thanks" They ignored him and shot a person in the game.

He turned around and went back to the elevator. He pressed the button to Gali's floor and it went up. It came to a stop and the doors opened to reveal her part of the tower.

"Gali?" He called out once he stepped out of the elevator.

No answer.

He went to her room and from outside, he heard faint singing. As he got closer it got louder and clearer.

"Who's here to prove that we can? The star spangled man with a plan" She lightly sang.

Is she singing the song the USO girls sang to promote the war?

He quietly walked into her room and saw her standing infront of the huge window, staring out into the city. He stood by the open door, and stared at her in silence as she continued to sing.

"We know it's no one but Captain America. Who'll finish what they began?"

Steve smiled as she sang. She has a beautiful voice. Everything about her is beautiful. Gali was slowly turning around and stopped when she saw the man standing at her door.

"How much did you hear?" She shyly asked.

"Enough" He replied. "I didn't know you know that song" She shrugged.

"My dad used to sing it to me"

He nodded and walked around the room. There's a limited edition Iron Man figure. A framed Forbs magazine cover of Gali and Tony. What appears to be a very old teddy bear. Books, pictures of her and friends. Collectable items, a big Iron Man poster. Pictures of her parents, a captain America teddy bear.

Steve froze when he saw it. Gali saw him staring and told him he could grab it. He did and held the small bear in his hands. It's brown with a captain America suit. It has the helmet on along with the shield. It is an original. It came out with other captain America merchandise.

He glanced to his left and saw something. He looked back up and saw multiple Captain America comics.

"Don't think that I have a weird obsession with you. The Captain America things were gifts from my dad" Gali informed.