Miserable

Qing's Tape 3, Side B

Dra.Yen: You finally have a plan to approach him?

Qing: Yes.

Dra.Yen: You waited for almost a month just to approach him. How will you get him to meet you?

Qing: Simple. I will go to the club where he and his friends go to dance. I will meet him there, personally.

Dra.Yen: Have you learned enough about him? How is that stalking business you did for this guy?

Qing: I know his name and his job. His age and where he graduated. I know he is single and gay. And I know he is not the serious type. I know that if I approach him and reveal that I intend to have a relationship with him, he will run fast on the other direction.

Dra.Yen: That's it?

Qing: Do I need to know more? Like you said, it's creepy that I am talking to people just to get informations about him. If I did a more thorough back ground check, I should get a detective for that. But like you said, if I want to know this guy, I can start something with him and slowly get to know him. Thus, I will approach him first and everything can follow smoothly.

Dra.Yen: How smoothly?

Qing: I will ask him to sleep with me.

Dra.Yen: Wang Qing!

Qing: What? Dayu is not into serious relationship. He goes for one night stands these days. I can be his one night stand, except it will not be just one night. I will start there.

Dra.Yen: How confident are you in this plan of yours?

Qing: Quite confident. How hard will it be to get together with a guy?

Dra.Yen: I think pretty hard. You are not gay, Qing. So far, you only slept with women. What do you know about sleeping with a man?

Qing: I did my research. Read, watch videos, search the net. Talk to a gay person. The whole seven yards.

Dra.Yen: Maybe you mean the whole nine yards.

Qing: No. If I sleep with a guy just to learn how to have sex with Dayu, then I have gone the whole nine yards. But I don't want to fuck another guy. I am focusing on Dayu. He will be the first guy I will sleep with.

Dra.Yen: Oh jeez. And you are thinking of getting into a relatioship with him in that mindset? Relationships are hard, Qing. If not, what's the fun in that?

Qing: A relationship just got hard because people are too emotional. I will not have the same problem. I am not emotional, to say the least. And this Dayu seems like a smart guy too. We will get along well. We will start with sex, anyway. What can go wrong when you start things with sex?

Dra.Yen: Oh boy, you naive guy.

Qing: I am not naive. I am just approaching this thing logically. Something others should do too. Emotions are not the answer to everything. You always have to have a solid plan before starting something. And I am following my plan.

Dra.Yen: Okay, if you are that sure and confident, then what more can I say but good luck.

Qing: Thank you.

Dra.Yen: When will you meet him?

Qing: This Friday. Dayu and his friends are responsible working adults who party when it's the weekend.

Dra.Yen: This Friday? But if I remembered correctly, your father wanted you to meet someone this Saturday. At dinner...

Qing: Yes. I hope it's a lady and he is dating her. My Baba should marry again. He should have someone in his life that he can grow old with. I hope the woman who gave birth to me didn't ruin marriage for my father, too much that he will decide to live alone forever.