Reunion

Qing's Tape 2, Side B

Dra.Yen: What do you feel? Can you describe it?

Qing: I feel like I want to lie in bed all day and not do anything.

Dra.Yen: You are sad. Too sad.

Qing: Is this sadness? I never felt this kind of thing before. But Lu...he has to leave.

Dra.Yen: Why does he have to leave?

Qing: His father's creditors are hounding him. His relatives, his own father's siblings and cousins are after Lu. He cannot breath anymore. If he stay here, he will die.

Dra.Yen: So you and your other friends helped him?

Qing: Yes. We are sending him in the US. Lu took an exam for a scholarship via online on a university in LA. He passed. He can go there and study. Away from the people who are trying to take him and make him pay for his parents' loans.

Dra.Yen: And how will you send him there?

Qing: Kim, Ato and I are combining our personal savings to buy tickets and give Lu some spending money when he got to the US. Lu is rejecting our offer saying it's too much but I think we are not doing enough. I want to ask my father if we can adopt Lu into our family but the scandal his father did, I don't want that to tarnish our family.

Dra.Yen: Yes. What happened to Lu's father and his business is really heartbreaking. It's a pyramiding scheme, Qing.

Qing: What is pyramiding?

Dra.Yen: Nevermind that. I will explain when you are older. But for now, let's concentrate on you. Do you really want to help your friend?

Qing: Of course.

Dra.Yen: Why?

Qing: He is in need. It's only natural that we help people in need. Right?

Dra.Yen: Yes. But there are a lot of people needing help around us. Why chose Lu to help?

Qing: Because he is my friend.

Dra.Yen: Why is he your friend? Why do you feel sad for him? What is going through your mind when you are with Kim, Ato and Lu?

Silence.

Qing: I...don't feel like I have to pretend in front of them that much. I can be quiet around them. They sometimes don't require me to talk and socialize with them. Ato is so talkative he can have a conversation all by himself. Quite fascinating. I feel...

Dra.Yen: Relaxed with them? Comfortable?

Qing: Yes. They make interacting with them easier. I can speak more freely with them even if I don't say much. The three of them understands that I am not that much of a conversationalist.

Dra.Yen: But you are talking to me. And I find it wonderful to talk to you. You have a nice speaking voice. Calm and your vocabulary is extensive compare to others. You are an intellectual speaker, Qing.

Qing: It's because I am talking to a smart person like you. You should see me talk to dumb people, I have no patience with them.

Dra.Yen: (amused) Dumb people? Who are those?

Qing: People who talk without thinking and without much logic in their words. Dumb people.

Dra.Yen: Oh my. So does that mean I make sense that is why you are talking to me? Thank you for that compliment.

Qing: I am required to talk to you. You are my therapist.

Dra.Yen: (sighing) I knew it. (Laughing softly) Okay, Qing. Help your friend.