Petty

Tape 13, Side A

"So, are you guys are plain stepbrothers now? How is your relationship?" My psyhologist asked after listening to my twelfth tape. She carefully store away her earphone and serenely handed back my tape to me.

I smiled, she is cheating again. She smiled back at me. "I don't know but I like it when you are smiling, Dayu. So, answer me, was dating again fun? Did you meet anyone interesting?"

"It sucks," I said, getting irritated as I remembered it.

My psychologist winced, "That bad?"

I nodded, "More than bad, I almost killed someone in frustration. I will give you one guess who I almost killed," I gestured to her.

She winced again, "Qing?"

I laughed then abruptly stop, "Wow, you are smart. You doctors are really smart. He is smart too, he's a doctor. Of Mathematics!"

She smiled at me, "You still haven't gotten over it?"

"Yeah but I am getting there." I sighed. "I improved my record though. I lasted for two weeks before jumping back to Qing's bed. Fuck..."

"Language," even if she is repreman-ding, she is smiling still. "Well, if that is the preview of your next tape, I cannot wait to hear it." The time buzzer sounded again. We stared at each other. "Your time is up. See you again, Dayu..."

"Yeah. See you around," I nodded before standing from the chair to leave.

Tape 13...

Dating sucks. Especially if you came from a shady deal that relaxed you and took the pressure away from you to be hurried to date others.

Dating sucks. Especially if you are not ready but you had no choice because apparently, having a fuck buddy doesn't work for you as well.

Dating sucks. Especially if you are as stupid as me.

Dating sucks. Especially if someone is deliberately sabotaging your attempts to find someone to seriously date.

Qing can be...petty.

"They want copies of the contracts and the progress report?"

A coworker of mine came to me one afternoon to tell me that I have to ready several files concerning the big project Qing's investment group commissioned to our firm.

They want copies of the contracts signed with the suppliers and the progress report. That's a lot of papers because we have about twenty suppliers for this project.

"When do they need it?" I asked my coworker who served as a messenger for the higher ups.

"Before the day ends..." my coworker winced. He looked stressed too.

My mouth fell open, "By the end of the day?" I repeated in case I missed one letter of that statement. My eyes flew to the wall clock of oue office and saw that it's almost 4pm. The department offices closed at 6pm, I will be rushed.

I close my eyes. "Who is asking for the documents? The President of the investment team?" I start getting busy with my computer as I ask the question.

"No. It's Dr.Wang who is asking for copies," my coworker said.

My body grew rigid on the name he supplied. "Dr.Wang?"