Fuck Buddies

Tape 4, Side B

"Can you drive Dayu home, Qing?" My mother asked Qing delicately.

"What? Why?" I asked her. "I can go home with you,"

"Dayu," mother gave me an apologetic look before dragging me a bit away from the front door of the mansion. "Mr.Wang is driving me home. He...will stay the night..." she bit her lower lip in shyness.

"Oh my God," I stopped her. "I can take a taxi." I offered.

"Why? Qing can take you home. He has his car. It will be safer that way..." my mother said.

"Yes, Dayu. Qing don't mind. Right, son?" Mr.Wang look at Qing.

"Sure. But I am not forcing anyone to ride with me," Qing shrugged like it doesn't matter to him.

"Dayu ah," Mama touched my arm. "It's already 11 in the evening. It will be hard to get a taxi. Plus the cost will be too much. Please, son. Ride with Qing tonight. Huh?"

I close my eyes. Then an idea clicked in my head. I can ask Qing to drop me to the nearest bus stop. Buses are still available until midnight.

"Okay," I nodded.

"Wonderful!" My mother clapped her hands in glee. She hugged me and I kissed her cheek before assisting her to climb in the passenger seat of her car. Mr.Wang get into the driver side.

Qing opened the passenger side of his sleek black sports car for me. I rolled my eyes before climbing in.

Moments later, two car lefts the ancestral mansion of the Wangs. Mama's car went ahead of us.

"You can drop me in the next bus stop. I can take the bus to get home." I said while Qing was busy driving.

"Why? I can take you all the way to your place," he said.

"No, it's okay. It's out of your way. Just drop me to the nearest bus stop," I said then I gasped and grasped the dashboard when Qing suddenly stepped on the brake and the car took a sudden violent stop. I think my heart dropped in fright.

I turned my shocked eyes on him. "What the hell is wrong with you?! Why stop like that! Are you trying to kill us?! Are you suicidal?"

I cannot believe him. He, almost killed me with that move. I look outside and see that we stopped somewhere near a vacant lot of this quiet residential area.

But instead of answering me, Qing unbuckled his seatbelt and turn his  body to me. "I am trying here, why are you not helping me?" He said in all seriousness.

"What? What are you trying to do?"

"Being your brother!" he shouted. "I am trying to be a good stepbrother but you just won't give me a break. Fine! Let's do it your way..."

He is shocking me again. He was trying to be what? A good stepbrother to me? Is he...wow...

"Did I asked you to be my stepbrother? I thought we will go on like we didn't know each other..."

"Our parents are going to get married. Whether we like it or not, we will be a family. So I am telling you, I was trying to be a good brother to you. But you, just won't even try. Okay. Let's do it your way."

"What way?" What is he talking about? I swear I can't follow me.

"Let's lay all the cards out on the table." He said.