Connection

(DAYU)

Today is my last therapy session with my psychologist, Dra.Yen. She had been one silent avid listener of my recordings and patiently tried to pry as much feelings out of me.

I don't think I gave her enough.

Maybe I am just tired. Tired of dealing with other people but Qing. I haven't called my mother again. The last time we video call each other was a week ago when she showed me how the twins are getting used in their nursery and bassinets. The twins are not identical but there have certain likeliness in their looks. They got mostly the Wang physical traits. Mama and I are betting they have our personalities.

"They better be fabulous like us, Dayu or I will disown them." Mama said while gazing fondly at the twins.

The twins have their nannies, four of them. I know, a bit overkill. But my mother is forty eight years old now, she is not a young mother anymore.

"I get tired easily, Dayu. And my patience to the twins is not as long as my patience on you when you were a baby. I feel guilty but when I am in my bed and just relaxing I, more often than not, throw those guilty feelings away. I love the twins, but I am not young anymore. And your Papa understands,"

Papa adores the twins. But he kept on promising the twins something we are all not sure yet that will happen.

"Your older brother, Wang Qing, will come and meet you two soon," Papa will say to the twins while carrying them.

But Qing is not giving any indication that he will wake up soon.

"How was the test? Did he passed it?" Dra.Yen asked me. I grimaced at her. She winced. "He failed?"

"Spectacularly." I sighed regretfully. "We were there in the observation room while they were testing Qing and he failed marvelously. His brainwave didn't even twitched one tiny bit while he was hooked on that machine. I hate him..."

"Dayu ah..." Dra.Yen sighed too. "And so, what will happen now?"

I look down, "The doctors are starting to voice concern on Qing's quality of life. Is it fair for us to let him sleep? To let him be suspended like time stopped for him? They are asking us to make a decision..."

"Decision to what? Let him go?" Dra.Yen grew concern. "Can you let him go, Dayu?"

"No," I didn't even afforded myself time to blink as I answer. My heart knew that it cannot live with a decision like that.

"What about your parents?"

"Papa told the doctors that he will think about it and consult the whole family in a meeting..."

"And is CEO Wang going through the family meeting?" Dra.Yen asked.

I shook my head, "He spend his free time sitting with Qing or playing peekaboo with the twins. Papa told me that if the doctors will insist on asking him to let Qing go, he will pull Qing out of that hospital and into another hospital. He is contacting more specialists to look at Qing's medical records. Giving up is not on Papa's vocabulary..."

"I understand. I am a parent as well, what parent will give up on his son? There's no such parent, Dayu. People who abandoned their kids are no parents. If you don't have your kids with you because you abandoned them or throw them away, you are no parent. A parent loves and protects his or her kid. And CEO Wang is known to loving his son in his own ways."

I nodded, "Yes. Papa loves Qing, we all know that..."

Dra.Yen smiled as she handed my 21st and last tape to me. "It's been a pleasure, Dra.Yen," I said as I moved to stand up.