Graduation

I walked down the stairs, excited for today. Today is the day I'm graduating! My stomach chenched, and I kind of felt weird for a second. Probably nerves.

I smiled, hardly believing it's been a year already. I glanced up at my parents, and they both smiled.

"You look beautiful," my mom said, trying not to cry. I shook my head.

"Mom, I just did my hair, it's not like I'm wearing a wedding dress or anything." I blushed. She looked at me knowingly.

"Not yet." I waved her away, and turned to my dad. He hugged me tightly.

"You do look beautiful." he whispered, and let me go. I pulled back and looked at the two of them. The people who have loved me and supported me through my life. and I'm graduating. Out of high school. After what seemed like forever, I'm finally that much closer to my own life and being an actual adult. I smiled softly. With Sven.

I suddenly felt my phone vibrate, and excused myself as I looked at it.

"I'm sitting in the driveway, we are LATE! <3" Sven said, and I giggled, then looked around. I don't giggle.

"OK <3u2" I texted back, and rushed outside, yelling a bye to my parents, who smiled at me from the doorway. They're taking a separate car. I hopped into the car, smiling at Sven. He reached over to give me a fleeting kiss, then drove away. To school. I sighed happily and leaned back, closing my eyes, savoring this moment. I felt my stomach roil, and I frowned.

"What's wrong, you look a little pained," Sven commented as we drove. I glanced over to him.

"Oh, I think it's just nerves, my stomachs' acting up," I told him, and he nodded, like it was normal.

It was only minutes before we pulled in a little place away from the school, and Sven turned to me.

"I want to ask you a very important question. Since we have been dating for the better part of around six months," he said, and I interrupted.

"Eight months, twelve days. We started dating in maybe early October, and it's now graduation, June 23rd. So almost nine months," I finished. He stared at me, and I flushed.

"But it's not like I'm keeping track of it or anything," I said, and he chuckled.

"Sure you're not. So, my question is...do you want to tell everyone we are dating at graduation? And think hard before you answer the question." he smiled at me. I frowned, thinking.

"Well, since it's the last day of school and I'm not going there next year, it wouldn't be a problem if we did announce it. However," I said, putting up my hand to forestall Sven's thought. "However, there are people there who would constantly be asking questions, and wouldn't leave us alone. It's not like our relationship is any of their businesses, so I don't see the point in announcing it to people we don't need the approval or whatever from," I finished, and looked over to Sven, to discover he was smiling.

"That was very well said, and I was thinking the exact same thing. I love you." He told me, and I smiled.

"I love you too." I leaned over and kissed him hard. He pulled away grudgingly

"We need to hurry if we don't want to be late." And he gunned it to the school.

~~~

"And finally, but never least, miss Alycia Summers!" A cheer went up from all my friends when my name was announced, and I walked proudly up to the principle to receive my high school diploma. I waved at my parents and Sven's parents as I walked by, and got enthusiastic waves in return.