you really did it this time

Recap:

"Sure I mean, that sounds good. I only have one question." He turned to look over at me, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"What were you doing here so early, and still in your pajamas?"

~~~

I stuttered. "Well, uhh..." I trailed off, then Sven jumped in.

"She wasn't feeling well, and she didn't want to be alone so..." He then trailed off, and I picked it up.

"So I came over here, and I slept in the guest bedroom!" I silently gave myself a pat on the back. Way to improvise! He clucked his tongue.

"Now now people, don't lie to me, I know when you lie," He gazed accusingly at us, and then sighed.

"Doesn't matter, I know what you did, I don't need you to confirm it." He trailed off, but we didn't rise to the bait. He rolled his eyes and gave us a 'whatever' face. I giggled.

"Anyway, we just need to stay on track here," I glared at Kyle, and he stuck his tongue out at me. Me, being the mature person, did it right back to him. Sven rolled his eyes at the two of us, then made an announcement.

"I called Sam, and he is willing to watch out for Alycia too." We looked at him, and he held up his hands.

"Hey, who else better to watch her than a guy who knows when and what they're going to do?" We shrugged, and he sighed.

"Okay, so I guess we are just going to do things like we usually do. We," He said, pointing at me and him, " are going to go to school and pretend nothing has happened, and we're going to act normal for a change. Nothing, not even hugging. We don't want to spur them into thinking we are getting more serious, so they shouldn't take a swipe at you. You," He said, swinging his arm around to point at Kyle. "You will always be around Alycia, unless she is getting dressed, or going to the bathroom. Or when Sam is with her. One of you will always be with her, I'm not taking any chances. If one of you aren't watching her, the other one is. If no one is..."He trailed off ominously. we both nodded. Suddenly, we both heard a CRASH! from the kitchen.

we ran into the kitchen, and Kim was on the floor, James standing over her. I rushed to her side, having developed a friendship with her and wondered if she was hurt.

"Are you hurt?" I asked, and she shook her head, biting her lip. She glanced at me, and smiled. I frowned, and stood up, helping her stand up. Why would she smile?

She turned to face everyone, then faced James.

"I have something to tell all of you, but I must talk with James first." she took his hand and led him into the bedroom.

"i guess we'll...wait in the living room." Sven trailed off awkwardly. I nodded, and went to sit down.

"A few minutes later, we heard yelling from the room, and then James and Kim came back, both with huge smiled on their faces.

"Guys, I have a big surprise for all of you..." We held our breaths, certain it would be big. She bit her lip again, and smiled.

"...I'm pregnant!" she said, and I squealed and jumped up, running over to her. I gently hugged her.

"Congratulations! How did you know?" Because obviously James didn't know, and she only told him after she fell on the floor.

"well, I've been having a feeling, and I haven't been eating my favorite foo,d and puking, and feeling dizzy. Just now, I almost fainted, and ended up on the floor. I didn't really want to have hope too soon, but I think this proves it, so I'm going to get a test when we leave. But I...we," She said lovingly, gazing at James. "we really hope I'm pregnant." She finished, and I gave her another hug before I went to sit down. I guess everyone's all happy now. I smiled to myself. She's pregnant. I shook my head, and giggled. Trust her to leaved knowing up to the last minute.