New Year, and a New Start

I woke up to my alarm clock yet again, and rolled over, groaning.

"I don't want to get up." I moaned into my pillow, but then a thought popped into my head. It was New years' Eve! I had it all planned out. Today was the day that...I was going to tell Sven that I loved him. Hopefully I was making the right choice. I mean, it's only been what, four months since the school year started? But anyway.

I got up and got dressed, wanting to begin the day on a good note.

"I smell breakfast," I sang as I walked down the stairs, and spotted my mom cooking. I was happy she and dad was home, but it still didn't feel absolutely right yet.

"Yeah, I'm making pancakes and sausages." My mom said happily as she set a plate down in front of me.

I dug in happily, then my dad walked in while reading the paper. He came over and gave me a hrug.

"Hey honey, did you sleep well?" I nodded, and smiled.

"Yeah. I'm happy it's almost a new year!" I sang, and finished my pancakes.

"Well, I got to go. It's Saturday, and I made plans to go out with everyone." I smiled and headed out to Chantal's house.

~~~

"Hey, I need to tell you something." I said to Chantal as I walked into her house. SHe was sprawled out on the floor, wrapping gifts for people.

"Okay, just wait." She said, and finished tying a bow on the last present.

"Done! Now what did you want?" She said, sitting up and facing me.

"Well, I need some advice on the right thing to do." I said, sitting down beside her.

"Tonight, I think I'm going to tell Sven I love him." I sat waiting for her to say something, and she was silent.

"Well, I think he loves you too, and will say it back, just to let you know." She said slowly, watching me.

"I smiled at her. "Oh. Good." I said, sitting back.

"No problem." She fell silent, thinking.

~~~

Sven's POV

"Hey, I need your opinion." I said as I walked into Jame's house. He was sitting at the table, drinking coffee, and reading the paper. He looked up at me.

"Oh?" He said, waiting for me to continue. I scratched the back of my head.

"Yeah." I sat down on a chair.

"Tonight, I think I'm finally going to tell Alycia that I love her." I fell silent, staring at the table while waiting for him to respond.

"Okay." He said, and put his coffee down on the table.

"I think she loves you too. You know what? I have a feeling she is going to tell you tonight too. She may even be talking about it to someone right now, just like you are with me." I snorted doubtfully at that, but didn't say anything. He nodded.

"So, I say go for it. Want some coffee?" He asked, changing the subject. I nodded, smiling.

~~~

I bit my nails, waiting. I have an idea of what I'm doing, but mostly I'm just going out on a limb. I looked around, and spotted Sven approaching me. It was about ten o'clock pm, and we were waiting for midnight. I'm sure I was going to get my new year's kiss from him, but I'm also planning on telling him I love him before we kiss, so, I don't know what is going to happen.

"Hi," I said shyly, wanting to kiss him, but can't yet because it's not dark out and there might be people from my school around, and that wouldn't be very good.

"Hi yourself." He grinned at me, and hugged me. I sighed softly and hugged him back, then let go. I looked around, and saw Sam and Chantal and Tommy stationed all around me at a distance so it didn't look like they were watching. I guess they came because they knew I was going to tell him, and they wanted to be there if things went south or something. I gazed at Sven, and he smiled.

"I'll go get us drinks, okay?" I nodded, and he walked away. And yes, I did maybe watch his ass as he walked away. So sue me for him having a great ass. I smirked.

Sven's POV

I walked away from Alycia, and I let out my breath. I'm so nervous right now, you have no idea. I walked up to the bar.

"Hey, can I have a champagne and a beer please." I waited, and then someone spoke from my left.

"So, you nervous?" I turned and saw Kim and James standing beside me. I shrugged.

"As much as could be expected when you are going to tell the person you love that you love them." My voice broke on the last word, and they smiled knowingly.

"Don't worry, it will all be fine." They turned away and walked over to a booth. I looked behind me, and saw Aly. She waved, and I smiled. I can do this. Don't worry, she's only the love of your life. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.Guys aren't supposed to get nervous over this.

But I was plenty nervous for the both of us.

I got the drinks and walked back to the table and sat down. I couldn't wait the...I checked my watch. One and a half hours until the clock rang. Metaphorically, of course.

I drank my drink, then pulled Alycia to the floor.

"Let's dance," I said, and she smiled and nodded.

~~~

Sven's POV

There was two minutes to countdown, and I was a nervous wreck. I glanced over to Alycia, and saw she looked nervous too. I wonder why. Could she know? I shook my head. She couldn't.

Alycia's POV

I glanced out of the corner of my eye to Sven. He looked like he was having trouble breathing. Heck, I was so nervous! Sure, I couldn't wait to tell him I love him, But it's kinda nerve-wracking, don't you think? I shook my head. He can't know. I have got to tell him.

~~~

"Ten, Nine, Eight..." I drowned out the rest and reached for Sven. I looked into his eyes, and saw love shining for me. I spoke, but was surprised when he also spoke, looking so happy he could burst.

"I love you," were the words that came from the both of our lips, and a loving smile broke out across my face, and then his lips were on mine.

"One, HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I vaguely heard people cheering in the background, but all I wanted to do was stay in this moment, this paradise with Sven, forever. That was the only thing that mattered.

~~~

Wow, I love this chapter. They said it at the same time! how awesome is that!? I love it! :) Hope you do too