Secrets revealed

Dedicated to AngelicWitch for being my newest fan! I am sooooo sorry about not uploading sooner! I had my cousin over and I didn't find the time to upload.

I hope you all like this chapter... secrets will be unveiled! vote, comment, fan!

<3 ninja turtle

~~~

Mr. E's POV

I pulled into my brother's driveway, thinking about what I was going to say to him. I ran my hand through my hair unconsciously, and that brought a smile to my face. I got out of my car and walked up to the door. I knocked lightly. When no one answered, I knocked a little hard. After a while, the door opened, and a girl I didn't recognize said, "Yes? What do you want?" I smiled.

"I'm here to see Derek, my brother. Is he in?" I looked around her. I saw smoke coming from the living room, and without being invited in, stepped past her. I walked slowly up to the living room door.

"What do you want, brother?" I heard between puffs of smoke. I leaned on the door frame, folding my arms.

"I want to know when you got out, and why you showed up in my class in school today. And why you almost forced yourself onto a girl in my class." I unfolded my arms, walking into the room. I turned around and faced him. He smiled and, after taking another puff of smoke and blowing it out, spoke.

"Well, dear brother, why do you think? To have fun, of course. And to see if there were any cute girls in your class, and to my surprise, there was one that was kinda hot..." he trailed of invitingly. I scowled.

"Stay away from my students. I mean that. If I find you with any one of them, you're dead." He just laughed.

"My, my. A little protective, are we? Do you like someone in your class, maybe? Is it the one who came up to me? She was hot, and you seemed very protective of her..." He didn't finish the sentence. I sat down across from him.

"What is your problem? Do you enjoy screwing with my life? Making me miserable? Is this all fun to you? I wouldn't doubt it if you had anything with making my best friend James mad with me, too!" I fumed. He smiled.

"Oh, yes, James. I may or may not have dyed my hair to your color and went over and kind of made out with his girlfriend right before he came home to find us." He smirked. I shot up so fast, my head got dizzy. When my head cleared, I saw him just sitting there, like he didn't care if what he did hurt me, more then he could know.

"How could you?" I whispered. "He was my best friend. What did I do to you to deserve this kind of treatment from my own brother?" He no longer looked cool and collected. He looked mad, completely and utterly angry. He stood up.

"You can't remember? Think hard!" He roared in my face. "Maybe this will help you remember." He stuck his hand in his shirt pocket near his heart, and pulled out a necklace. I felt the breath whoosh out of me. It couldn't be... could it? He smiled madly.

"I'll give you another hint. Her name was Holly, and she was the love of my life, before you took her from me. And then two years later...you killed her!" He lost all of his cool now and lunged at me. I dived to the side, and he crashed into the side of the couch. He jumped up and came after me again. I was ready for him. I grabbed the arm he used to try to punch me, and used his momentum against him, and flung him over my shoulder. He crashed into the coffee table, and groaned. I went over to him and punched him in the stomach. I then sat on him. I know, mature, but it helped. I pinned his arms down with my own. I did the same with his legs. His eyes gleamed at me, all trace of sanity lost. "How did he get out of jail?" I wondered.

"What do you mean, I killed her? She died in a car crash!" I shouted.

"Exactly! She was on her way to see you, and if you didn't come into her life, then she wouldn't have been on the highway when that drunk driver decided to play God and crash into her, killing her instantly!" He shouted again. I was stunned. She was on her way to see me? But we broke up before that!

"We broke up day before she died! Five days! Why would she come and see me?" I cried, not caring that shining drops were leaking from his eyes like a dripping faucet. His eyes darkened. He looked confused.

"You broke up before that? Then why did she tell me that you were still seeing each other when I asked how you were doing, the Wednesday before her accident?" I reeled back.

"I don't know," I told him honestly. "I told her we were over on Monday. That's when she gave me this." I took out the promise ring from my pocket, where it has always rested for the past two years. I put it on the floor. I got off of him, and walked to the door. I turned back. He was sitting on the floor, holding the ring in one hand , and her necklace in his other. He was clutching them like they were his lifeline. I smiled faintly. Maybe this was what he needed. Something to help him get over her death, years later. I silently walked to the door, but before I could exit, I heard, "Brother?" I turned back. He was looking at me with red eyes.

"Why? Why did you not tell me this sooner? Then I wouldn't have broken down and been drinking that night I got into the fight that ruined my life. I never would have gone to jail, and I would have moved on with my life. Why?" He asked again. I looked at him, with sorrow and regret in my eyes.

"I don't know." With those words, I went through the door and to my car, leaving him on the floor, mourning for a lost love, who had never been his to mourn.