On My Way

Alycia's POV

I sat up groggily, only aware of where I was.

I rubbed sleep out of my eyes, yawned, and stood up shakily. I really need to go to the bathroom. I glanced at the girl beside my room, and wondered what she was here for. She never moved, never talked. I saw her glance my way quickly yesterday, but thought I didn't see. So maybe she'll talk to me.

"Hello?" I whispered into the opening. She twitched, like she wanted to look at me, but didn't. I frowned. At least I got that out of her. "My name is Alycia. What's yours?" I held my breath, hoping. She slowly turned around, and I gasped. The left side of her face was scarred, all the way from her ear to the corner of her eye. It went down her neck and below her shirt line. I swallowed, and didn't stare. I looked into her eyes, and saw surprise. Maybe she didn't think I would ignore them. I smiled encouragingly. She gave me a tentative smile, and I almost danced.

"Hey." she whispered. "My name's Sam. Samantha." She told me, and I smiled.

"That's a lovely name. How old are you?" I kept my smile on.

"Fourteen." She stated, and it took all of my self-control not to flinch. She was only a child!

"Well, Samantha, why are you here?" I asked, and the smile dropped off her face, and she turned away.

"They murdered my parents." I jerked back, horrified. Murdered? Her parents?

"Sean did?" I asked, but she didn't respond. I heard my doorknob turn, and I scooted back quickly. When I glanced up, Sam walked in the door with an armful of things. I glared at him, but he dind't respond, sending me a brief smile. what was that for?

"Uh, I just wanted you to know, if you wanted, you can have a shower and go the bathroom." He stated, looking intently at me. I glanced suspiciously at him, wondering what he was up to. He winked, and I was taken aback.

"So, let's go." He said, and threw the stuff at me. I looked down. There were new clothes, shampoo, soap, and other stuff. I followed him cluelessly down the hallway. At least I get a shower.

He opened a door, and went inside. I looked in. It was nice, I guess. I set the things down on the toilet, and looked at him, crossing my arms. He looked at me cluelessly, and then got the hint.

"Oh, sorry, you probably want to be alone..." He trailed off as he shut the door behind him. I grabbed the shampoo and soap, and hopped into the shower. I turned on the hot water and sighed as it ran down my back. This felt so nice. "I wonder why Sam was being so...weird," I thought to myself. I reached for the shampoo, and frowned. There was a note attached to the container. 

"It's going to be okay. He's fine. Put this down the drain." It read. I smiled. At least he's not totally bad.

"I finished, and got out. I pounded on the door when I was dressed.

"i'm ready!" I shouted through the door, and it opened. I shot a wink Sam's way when I passed him. He started, then smiled back. I looked ahead, and walked into my cell. I turned to look at him.

"Are you going to take Samantha for a shower?" I asked, and he looked away.

"She doesn't go anywhere with anyone." He said, sounding guilty. I sighed, and shut the door.

I only hope that Sam is trying to get me out. If he's still the friend I thought he was.

~~~

Sven's POV

I opened the door to my house, followed by James, Kyle, Blake, Jake, Tommy, and Ben. Chantal wanted to come too, but I didn't let her.

"Okay, guys, I know where she is, and I thank all of you for coming and helping her. I know she's your best friend, and you love her, but I'm going to be the one leading, okay? I know this place the best, and know where he's the most likely to be holding her. Any questions, comments, or objections?" I looked around, and everyone shook their heads. I opened a trunk.

"Good. Let's go." I said, passing out guns.

I hope I'm not too late.

~~~

Yes, I know it's hopelessly short, but the next chapter is the raid, and I was just building up to it. I will hopefully be updating soon, but I have exams and trips coming up for school, so I don't know when exactly I'll be updating.