Detention Mr. E's POV

She sighed as she sat down. "Hmm,  why does she sigh so much?" I wondered. "Oh, well, it's not any of my business." I muttered to myself. She sat down at her usual seat. I got an idea.

"Nuh, uh, you sit up here," I told her, pointing to a chair in front of my desk. She looked sad and I wonder why. Maybe she didn't enjoy my amazing company. "Oh, come on, you've been bugging her all day. Maybe she's not used to being teased. Yeah, that has to be it," I decided. Suddenly I heard myself speak.

"What's with all the sighing? I can't be that bad, can I?" I raised one eyebrow and she smiled. She looked so cute with a smile, not a frown on her face. "Calm yourself, she's just a student." I scolded myself. She suddenly talked.

"No, it's not you, it's my family. They are always going away and traveling, so I don't really see much of them. They just got back from one of their trips, and they bought me a car, but that doesn't really make up for all the time they spent away form me. When she was finished talking, I saw a tear run down her face. "Aww, don't cry," I told her silently. She angrily wiped her tears away, like she didn't want anyone to see her so weak. "She's not weak," A voice in the back of my mind whispered. "Shut up!" I told it.

"I'm sorry. If I knew you were having trouble at home, I would have laid off. I didn't mean to upset you. It's just that... you intrigue me." I muttered the last part, not really wanting to say it. It makes me sound like a lovesick fool.

"What was that?" she asked me, cupping her hand to her ear like I did earlier. I smiled. She's funny.

"I said, I was just curious about you. You're not like the other girls." I smiled. "Ugh, I sound so weird right now!

"What do you mean?" She asked me. I was caught off guard for a second. I gathered my thought quickly.

"Well , all the other girls try to flirt with me, and you don't. I mean, I appreciate that because it's nice not to be hit on by hormonal teenagers, even guys, but i'm just curious why not." I finished saying. I saw her playing with her hands. She looked like she was nervous.

"Ummm, well, probably because you're off-limits for beign a teacher, and I'm really not all that interested in dating guys right now...or girls," she said quickly. I was surprised. How did she know I was going to make a comment on her liking girls instead?

"How did you know I was going to say that?" I asked her. She chuckled.

"Well, your eyes get a glint when you're teasing me, and my dad said the same thing this morning, and that's what I said to him." She laughed. I started laughing along with her.

"How come you're being so nice all of a sudden? I kind of liked it when we were butting heads." She blurted out. She suddenly blushed and looked down. I decided to make her laugh.

"Well, it's just because I'm a nice person and I'm FABULOUS!" I said in a high girly voice. She started laughing. She was laughing so hard she fell off the chair and hit the floor, and she was still laughing! Someone needs to tell her about decaffeinated coffee! I chuckled. Then I stared down at her for a while. She looked so beautiful with a smile on her face, and she was literally glowing! Her hair looked like molten chocolate, I just wanted to eat it..."okay, diverted before this gets creepy." I mentally smacked myself. "What is wrong with me?" I asked myself.

"Uh, Mr. Eriksson, what are you staring at?" She asked me, still laughing, looking up at me. Oh, crap! what do I say!?I smiled.

"Please, call me Sven. I was just staring at you because, you act so crazy, but you're a nice girl. Why do you wear boy's baggy clothes? Just wondering." She blushed again.

""Well, I just don't want people to think I'm flaunting or anything. I don't need to impress people to have a good time and make friends. I already have friends that love me and would do anything for me, and I feel the same way about them. It's jut that I don't feel the need to wear clothes that show off what I have when I don't care." She took a deep breath. She was so cute! My mouth was hanging open. She smile self-consciously. I shook my head.