Almost Halloween

today it's october 30th, one day before halloween, and I'm going shopping for a halloween costume with Chantal and Justin.

"I don't know what I'm going to be!" I moaned for the fifth time as we walked aimlessly around looking for costumes. Chantal already got her costume, wanting to be a sexy nurse.

"Well, we don't have all day, just pick something!" Tommy said. I looked at him.

"You don't have a costume yet." I pointed out to him.

"True, but I know what I'm going to be." He threw back, and I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and continued looking. Just then, I saw a great costume for me.

I ran over to it and picked it up off the rack. I held it up to me, raising my eyebrows.

"What do you think?" I asked them. Chantal frowned, looking at it.

"Don't you think it's a little...slutty?" She said. I scoffed.

"Coming from the sexy nurse." I laughed. She smiled.

"But yeah, it will definitely look great on you." She said honestly. I nodded my head, and got it.

We exited the store, and as soonv as Tommy saw my costume, he smiled.

"Well, that will look absolutely gorgeous on you!" He said. His phone rang, and he excused himself. I looked to Chantal.

"Do you think Sven will like it?" I said tentitively. She shook her head.

"Why not?" I asked, pouting. She smirked.

"For one, it's short. Like real short. And two, the guys will all be drooling over you, and he can't do a thing about it." I nodded, good points.

"I guess. Then maybe I have to make it up to him some way?" I asked her. She smirked.

"I'm sure if you make out with him, he'll be fine." She teased, and I playfully slapped her shoulder.

"Stop it!" I said, but I giggled anyway. It's been a while since I got to fool around with my best friends, and it felt good.

"Okay, let's go get something to eat. I'm starving." I pulled her towards the food court. Tommy joined us.

"Who was on the phone?" I asked him as we sat down with our food. He smiled.

"Jesse. He want to go out tomorrow, trick-or-treating with us. I said it was okay. Is it?" He asked worriedly. I scowled playfully, then smiled.

"Of course! I love Jesse!" I said. I felt an arm go around my shoulder.

"Nice to know, but I am a happily taken man." Jesse joked with me. I smiled.

"Hey Jesse. It's fine if you want to come with us tomorrow. Are you going to bring your friend here?" I said, eyeing him out of the corner of my eye. He was kinda cute I guess, and I could tell Chantal thought so by the way she was looking at him. I smiled.

"Would you care to introduce us?" I asked. Jesse nodded.

"Sure. Guys, this is Shaun. He's like my best friend. Tom, this is Alycia, Chantal, and my boyfriend Tommy." He said, putting his arm around Tommy. Shaun wasn't looking at Tommy though, he was looking at Chantal, who was staring right back.

"Hey, maybe you and me can go out sometime."I smiled. This could be something for Chantal!

~~~

After we ate lunch, we separated with promises to see each other tomorrow. I went upstairs in my room to practice my makeup for my costume.

As I was putting the finishing touches on my hair, I heard a knock on the door, and I ran downstairs to get it. I opened it, seeing my parents smiling at me.

"We have great news honey," my mom said, coming into the house, dad following her. I sighed, closing the door and following them into the living room.

I sat on the couch across from them, wondering what they were going to tell me.

"Honey...we quit our jobs, so we can spend more time with you. I got a job closer to home, and I won't have to work as much. Your dad found a place where the pay is good, and he has reasonable hours." My mom said. I smiled at them.

"That's great mom, dad. I'm happy for you. Now you can stay home with me." I said. My mom frowned suddenly.

"Why are you all dressed up?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I was practising my make up for halloween tomorrow." I said like it was no big deal.

"Well, you look beautiful." She beamed.

"Yeah honey, you're so pretty." My dad agreed. I gave them both hugs.

"So, let's go eat." I said, happy for the first time in a while.

~~~