Take a Break

Picture of Sam on the side...Yum! :P comment please and maybe even vote...can you see it? the button only want's to be pressed...:P :)

~~~

I walked into the school on Monday, with only one purpose on my mind. Talking to Sven. I wanted to know what was going on, because I had a sneaking suspicion that he wasn't telling me something. I heard the bell ring for first class. I had Sven. "I guess I'll catch him right after class," I thought grimly.

~~~

"Okay, and that's all for today. I assigned you that homework, and I expect it to be done by tomorrow's class Ben." I looked over to see Ben smiling sheepishly. I shook my head. He so doesn't like this class. Mostly because of the homework.

I stayed until all the other students were gone, and I walked up to Sven. I felt rather than saw a slight change with him. He didn't smile as easy, and his shoulders were hunched, like he was stressed.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, as I went behind him to massage his tense shoulders. I felt him freeze beneath my touch, then relax.

"I'm just a little stressed, nothing bad." He said. I dug my thumbs into one of his muscles, and me groaned.

"That hurt." He protested.

"No pain, no gain," I said, luckily I have a free period now, and he didn't have a class. But I locked the door, just in case.

"So, I'm wondering about something," I started to say. He turned around, facing me.

"Yeah, what's up?" He asked. I swallowed.

"Is there anything different, you know, that I should know? Because lately, you've been kind of distant..." I trailed off. A look of guilt flashed across his face so quick that I wasn't even sure it was there in the first place. I shifted uneasily.

"I know this probably isn't the best situation we could be in, but I lo...like you, and I want to make this work. So tell me what I can do different." I pleaded. I almost said I love him! How silly would that be. I shook my head. I just really really like him. I think.

"I know, me too. But I was thinking. It's been a month since we started seeing each other...and I was wondering if we could take a break? You know, like us getting sorted out, and making sure this is what we really wanted. I still want to see you, but I want to be safe. I don't want anything coming between us. I was thinking we should be more careful..." He said, and I tried to listen, but I jut couldn't.

A break? Does that mean that he didn't want to see me anymore? But he said he still wants to see me...I don't know anymore! I know I want to still be with him, heck, I think I might even love him, not that I would tell him that yet. But maybe this is a good idea. Give us some breathing room, time to think and everything to calm down. Yeah.

I nodded.

"I think that's a good idea. We should take a break. But i'm letting you know right now, I still want to be with you. I just think spending some time away from each other will make us more cautious." I lied. In my head I was thinking. "I still want you, don't leave me!" But I couldn't scream that out in the middle of school. So I just smiled and nodded.

He smiled, and pulled me in for a hug. I was just pulling back when I heard a knock on the door.

"Mr.Eriksson? Are you here?" I widened my eyes. It was Ms.Jenny. I looked at him. He shook his head, saying with his eyes that even though we're taking a break, that he wouldn't do anything. I smiled, and walked out of the room.

~~~~~

Classes seemed to go by so slow, now that I had something on my mind. I coudn't stop thinking about Sven, and that one weird phone call. Could that be the reason why he said we should take a break?