That Note

Sam's POV

I paced back and forth in my room, thinking about what I am doing. "Why am I not doing something to help Alycia? I mean sure, Sean is my brother, but it's not like I love him or anything. But I can't do anything while they have our...my parents held. Could I? I could always ask Sven for help. No, he wouldn't. Not after what I did to Alycia. It wouldn't matter if I helped or not." I kept on muttering to myself as I paced.

Suddenly the door flew open, and in strode Sean.

"Hello brother," he said icily. I nodded back. I held my glare back. It wouldn't do to antagonize him.

"What do you want?" I asked, and he smirked, and our family resemblance merged into something that didn't resemble me at all. When he smirked, he looked...crazy.

"Nothing, I just wanted to check up on my favorite brother." He didn't need to add the real reason. To check up on me. Make sure I was behaving. I cleared my throat.

"So, what are we going to do about Sven?" I asked. I almost flinched when I said that, because he's been nothing but nice to me. Sean rolled his eyes upward, thinking.

"Nothing." I gave a mental sigh of relief. At least they weren't going to hurt him.

"Yet." he added. He grinned devilishly, and walked out. I sagged up against the wall.

I suddenly straightened up. What would I do if my girlfriend, who I loved, was kidnapped? 

I would search the person's house who was supposed to be with her! I smiled, realizing what I could...had to do. I got up and didn't rush to my car, heading home. It's not like I'm being that closely monitored.

Sven's POV

I drove to Sam's house, think...what was I thinking? What was I planning on doing if he was home? I shook  my head. I would think about that when or if that happened. I looked over to Kyle, and he looked serious. I looked back to the road. We're ready.

~~~

"I swear we've searched all over the place a hundred times!" Kyle whined as he threw clothes all over the place.

At a stern glance from me, he sighed and went back to searching the room we have already searched twice. It seemed like there was nothing linking Sam to Alycia's disappearance. Maybe he didn't actually watch her, and they just got her without him being there. I felt the wrongness of that thought in my gut.

I went into the kitchen, and sat down on the chair, running a hand through my hair. I froze as I felt something shift under me, and heard a definite crinkle. I jumped up so fast, Kyle looked at me like he thought I was stung. I smiled sheepishly at him, and lifted the padding covering the seat of the chair, and sucked in a breath.

There, taped to the bottom of the cushion, was a note. I glanced at Kyle, and it looked like he was holding his breath.

"Breathe, you're no good to Aly unconscious." He let out a huge breath, and I turned back to the note, slowly unfolding it.

What did it hold? Why did he hide it as if he didn't want anyone to find it? I guess we'll find out.

I opened it, and a page of writing met my eyes.

"All summer and yesterday Cisco and me cantered past Seanunder the bridge. We are happy to say that under the same bridge, we were married. Under that bridge."

I looked closer at the note. Some letters and parts were bold. The whole thing was italicised except for one word: Sean. I closed my eyes. It was a clue. He didn't want Sean to get away with it.

"I love him. I will marry him!" I shouted, and Kyle looked at me like I was crazy. I might have been, I don't know.

I studied the note and put everything together. The bold letters said this:

ALYCIA CAPTURED.WAREHOUSE UNDER THAT BRIDGE. I rubbed the back of my neck. No. It can't be. Not that place. I closed my eyes, swearing not to fall over.

The place where I was initiated. That bastard! How dare he bring her there! The place where...

I killed my first person.

It's not like it was on purpose. He caught us sneaking out. I didn't think he would follow us from his house. We all slept over that night, discussing random gang things. It wasn't my fault. I was young, and I hadn't shot anything. My finger slipped as I heard a noise, and I turned and pointed my gun. My finger slipped. That was it. My stupid damn finger slipped off the side of the gun, onto the trigger, and I shot him.

He was only ten.

He was Sean's brother.

And he never forgave me. That was when I left the gang.

I opened my eyes, and Kyle looked at me worriedly.

"Are you okay?" He asked, raising his eyebrow. I sucked in a breath, and nodded.

"I know where she is."

~~~

Whoa, suspense! Haha, I loved this chapter for some reason. :)