Chapter 100 (Eric's POV)

I jolt awake in a cold sweat breathing deeply

I jolt awake in a cold sweat breathing deeply. I look quickly to my side to see Hosanna there.  She's safe.  I try to calm my breathing, watching as her body rises and falls with each breath.  My heart is still racing.  I observe her for a moment, making sure each of her breaths are steady.  I release a heavy, shaky breath myself—in relief. The sun hasn't even crested yet. 
I slowly rise out of our bed so I don't disturb her and walk to the bathroom.  After turning on the light, I splash my face with cold water. I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I'm glad that I don't look that tired.  She doesn't even know what haunts my dreams. I sigh as I dry my face and return to the bedroom. 
I carefully climb onto the bed and scoot over to her side.  I try not to disturb her but I hear a gentle sigh from her lips.  She turns toward me and nestles closely to my chest.
"Mmm," she moans.  "Why are you up so early?" she asks.  It sounds like she's half asleep.  I must've woken her before. 
"It's nothing.  Go bad to bed baby," I insist. 
Her eyes open and focus on mine.  "Did you just shower?" she asks.
"No," I reply. 
She blinks a couple times.  "What's the matter?" she questions.
"Nothing," I lie. 
She frowns.  I hate that look.  She knows I'm lying.  I sigh heavily.  "It was just a dream," I respond.
"Do you want to talk about it?" she offers.
"Not really," I say. 
She bites her lip for a moment, releasing it sighing.  "You've been waking up a lot lately," she points out.  I guess she has noticed.  "Why won't you talk to me?"
I roll over on my back.  She follows me and climbs up on my chest.  "It was just a dream," I tell her again. 
"A bad dream?" she inquires.
"Yeah," I admit. 
"About what?" she questions.
I stay quiet.  I don't want to tell her this and she's just too smart for her own good.
"About me?" she asks concerned.  Now I'm frowning.  "You're having bad dreams about me?"
I nod.  Now she's the one who's quiet.  She has a sorrowful expression on her face. 
I don't know how to voice the nightmares I've been having.  Sometimes I picture different scenarios.  They have been about Jeanine getting her hands on her for a while.  Sometimes she's torturing her or killing her and there's nothing I can do to stop it. 
But since Choosing Day, I've been having reoccurring dreams about Jacob... or maybe Peter. It doesn't matter who because they look exactly the same. One of them gets ahold of her and drags her to the roof.  Sometimes I see her harmed in her bed in the dorm while the rest of the initiates are gone.  Sometimes I dream of him harming her in the dorm shower.  It's always similar, usually he takes her by surprise, somehow shooting her up with paralytic serum.  He can do whatever he wants to her, touching her, raping her.  I see her throat slit or he overdoses her on the serum.  I feel like I'm trapped in a glass box and there's nothing I can do but pound on it and watch.  I always wake up just as she takes her last breath. 
"Are they that bad?" she asks after a moment breaking me out of my horrific thoughts. 
I nod. 
"Like fear simulation, bad?" she questions.
I nod again.
She holds me tightly resting her head on my chest.  "I'm sorry," she whispers.  "If... if you ever want to talk about them... just let me know."
She lifts her head up and searches my eyes.  "Okay," I agree.
"Could you do me a favor?" she asks. 
I sigh.  "Yeah," I respond. 
"Will you wake me up next time?  If you're going through that, I don't want you suffering alone," she says.  "Please?" she pleads after a moment.  Her expression is so sad. 
"Alright," I tell her.  No matter what our future holds, I will do everything in my power to protect her.