Chpter 101

(Hosanna's POV)

"Tris and Peter!  In the ring.  Time to fight!" Eric announces.
Tris looks a little worried but I'd say they're close in skills and fitness. Peter is bigger with more muscle but she's quick and intelligent. She's also not overconfident like he is. It will just come down to who fights smarter today and overpowers the other.
They step into the ring and he taunts her. I glance at Eric.
"Shut it Candor," he says.  "This is Dauntless.  You prove your worth in the ring, not with your mouth." They both get into their stances and I hear a few people snickering. 
"Begin!" Eric shouts. 
They pace each other for a moment and Peter steps—his tell.  He's still doing that. Tris moves quickly, dodging the punch he throws and punches him.  He looks irritated and grabs his jaw.  When he removes his hand, a see a large, red bump forming.  He opens his mouth to say something but closes it abruptly.  He must realize that is not the way to win here.  He puts his arms back up in his fighting stance.  She's been waiting for him.  I'm surprised she didn't take him off guard when he was concerned about his face.  I would've finished him.
They walk around each other, arms up protectively, eyes on their opponent. Peter punches for her but she dodges. As she moves out of the way, he grabs her by the ponytail and knees her in the face.
"No hair pulling!" I shout. "I want a clean fight. Any more moves like that and you lose points."
Her nose is bleeding but she ignores it as they begin again. He goes to sweep her legs out. She jumps and kicks him in the abdomen, sending him back a few steps. As he grabs his stomach, she punches his jaw again, the same spot as before. He quickly punches in her direction but she moves out of the way.
I hear him growl in frustration. He gets back into his stance and fakes a punch. She moves, kicking toward his abdomen again. He grabs her leg and holds it with one arm, punching her side with the other.

She gasps in pain

She gasps in pain. He sweeps out her other leg and climbs on top of her, punching her temple. He rises to standing. She's unconscious on the mat.
"Winner, Peter," Eric announces.
Eric calls for the next two to come up while my brother takes Tris to the infirmary.  "Your friend is pretty skilled," Lauren comments.  "Had that gone on any longer, she may have won.  I can't wait to see her next fights."  I nod.  I'm disappointed that she lost but she did hold her own quite well.  "You trained her yourself?" she asks.
"Yeah, but it's been a year," I say.
"Not bad for a Stiff," she responds.  I nod again, accepting it as the compliment she intended while I watch the next two competitors enter the ring.
The remainder of the fights are just as impressive. They are fairly long, each person generally giving their competitor a challenge. There, of course, are winners but I'd say each initiate showed substantial improvement from the first round last Friday. The Dauntless born's fights were incredible to watch as well. Even with winners, they all are racking up a considerable amount of points from the skill and effort exerted.
The remainder of the day is spent exercising in the training room and we allow a few to practice at the gun range. Four keeps an eye on them. Eric and I spar with some of the initiates. None of them fear joining us in the ring now and even Lauren opens up a third mat. By the end of the training day, we're exhausted and head home together.
I jump in the shower first and I'm surprised that Eric doesn't join me. I step out once I'm clean and dry off. I walk to the bedroom in my towel and get dressed. I hear the shower start up after I'm partly dressed. I make my way back to the bathroom when I'm done and hang up my towel. I dry my hair while he showers and braid it. I apply some makeup since I rarely wear it. As I put some eyeshadow on, the water gets turned off. I open my eyes to Eric standing behind me, a towel slung around his hips. I watch as a few drops of water drip down his toned chest.
"You look beautiful. What's the occasion?" he asks.
I shrug. "I just felt like wearing makeup," I say.
"I like the outfit, too," he tells me grazing my leg.
I'm wearing a short, plaid skirt with thigh high stockings and a buttoned up blouse. I smile at him as he walks back to the bedroom. I finish with my makeup and step into the living room. I realize he had a beer and rinse out the bottle before throwing it in the recycle bin. He must've really needed to unwind today. He usually doesn't have one until after dinner.
Eric steps out of the hallway and I grin. He's matching me. He decided to wear a buttoned up shirt with the sleeves rolled up and the new jeans I bought him. "You look good, too," I say.