Chapter 118 (Eric's POV)

We sit down to our meeting with Lydia and the other leaders after lunch. It would've been first thing this morning if we weren't busy with the initiates.
"So, I've got good news and bad news," Lydia starts. "This is secure, right?" she asks again.
"Yes," I say tiredly. I've called the control room twice.
"Tell us what we want to know," Max insists.
"Alright. I explained the situation to him and showed him everything. He still is saying that it's hypothetical and that she technically hasn't done anything wrong. They cannot prosecute unless she has actually committed the crime," she elaborates.
"What?" Ryan asks shocked. He's normally the quiet one during serious situations and joking the rest of the time but he looks just as enraged as I feel.
"So what do we do?" Hosanna asks worriedly.
I glance at Four to see him staring and biting his thumbnail.
"We take our own action against this," I start.  I lay out a plan before them. It's kind of brilliant and I can't believe I just came up with this on the spot. Everyone nods in agreement. We don't bother with a vote; there's no need. We're not listening to Candor anymore.
"So what's the good news?" Ryan asks breaking the tension.
Lydia goes into her list of prisoners and sentences she assisted with in Candor. She brought the prisoners back in several secured trucks and they're being held in lockup. Apparently it's practically full and they're spilling over into the female side. They've finally caught up on their cases in Candor—that's the good news. I yawn, bored out of my mind at the rest of her conversation.
My phone rings in the middle of the meeting. I step out of the conference room when I see who it is. "Yes?" I say answering quickly.

"I've just sent Beatrice Prior back in my car

"I've just sent Beatrice Prior back in my car. She was here in Erudite visiting her brother. Isn't that against your rules?" she asks curiously.
"Yes, it is. She's not to leave the compound without a member," I say irritatedly.
"Hmm. Are you sure she's not a faction traitor?  Perhaps you should deal with this," she responds with her voice raising in intonation.
"Yes, I will personally handle it and keep my eye on her," I tell her firmly.
"Good. Oh, and Eric?" she says.
"Yes," I reply.
"I'd like to have the leaders join me this Thursday in Erudite. I have a little... demonstration for all of you," she divulges smugly.
"We'll be there," I respond. She hangs up without another remark.
I stride to the control room to verify for a third time that nobody got through the security feed on that meeting or we're all dead.  I arrive and Neil checks again for me. I sigh in relief when I can clearly see nobody hacked that camera. I guess I should be grateful to Tris for distracting Jeanine.  But I can't believe she left the compound without permission and especially that she went there of all places. I ask Neil to check the feed in my office too and have it made private when I return. 
I walk briskly down to the entrance and lean against the outer wall waiting for the Stiff to arrive. I thought it was funny today that she slapped Four.  Maybe he's not interested in her since he treats her so terribly.  Even I thought that screaming at her the way he did in front of everyone was worse than her freaking out.  Maybe he's under too much stress...
I see Jeanine's silver car pull up and Tris climbs out of the back seat. I grab her arm roughly and pull her inside.  I take her up to my office and shove her in a chair, slamming the door behind me.  I crack each and every knuckle as I stand in front the door seething, before I start to crack my neck.  Hosanna hates it when I do this but it actually sets my nerves at ease enough to talk to the Stiff calmly.  I know myself and I have to keep my temper in check or I'll scare her and she won't talk.