Chapter 95

(Hosanna's POV)

I bounce on the net and a familiar hand reaches out for me.  I grasp it and he pulls me off the net.  "Brings back memories," I grin.
"Yeah," Tobias smiles hugging me.  I take the list from Lauren.  Beatrice changed her name to Tris.  I like it.  I notice Hayes's first name is Peter.  I peruse over the number of initiates.  It's not as large as my group but we'll have enough beds. 
Eric jumps down just like last year.  He climbs off the net slapping away my brother's offer of help.  Tobias snickers and I shake my head at him.  We've got the entire group of initiates watching, he needs to remain professional. 
Eric looks at the list and nods to me.  Max comes down a moment later and takes the list.  "Good, no problems this year," he says.  "I'll take care of the points."  We nod and he walks off. 
Tobias goes to stand before the group and we join him.  "Welcome to Dauntless!" my brother shouts. The group cheers.  "This is Lauren, one of your trainers, Hosanna and Eric, your leaders who will be overseeing initiation, and my name is Four," he says pausing. Is he goading the Candor transfers?
"Four?" the tall girl that helped Tris questions somewhat rudely in a mocking tone.
He walks over to her and says quietly, "Yes, do you have a problem?" She shakes her head.
"This is Dauntless, not Candor. Keep your mouths shut," Eric tells her harshly.
I see Tobias try to hold in a laugh from Eric's comment as he walks to the front again, his back to the initiates.  "Training this year will have a total overhaul," Tobias starts again. "Those of you Dauntless born, expect things to be different from what you've heard, starting with the rooms.  There will no longer be a Dauntless born dorm and a transfer dorm.  You will all be separated by gender. I would also advise anyone not wanting the entire staff in the control room to see you naked, don't walk out of the stalls not covered. There is a reason for the separation so I suggest you all listen carefully. There will be no sexual harassment whatsoever and no fighting outside of the training ring. If you haven't noticed, there are cameras everywhere within the city. Dauntless is no exception; this place is a fortress and we are watching you. Your dorms are equipped with night vision so don't even try to cause trouble with one another. If anyone is caught breaking a rule, the punishment will be severe. Is that understood?" my brother asks.
"Yes, sir," they respond.
He looks to us. "Do either of you have anything to add?" 
I shake my head but Eric responds, "Yeah."  He puts a protective arm around my waist from behind and draws me closer to him. "If any man so much as looks at my wife the way I saw a few of you looking at her in the ceremony, on the train, or on the roof, I will be the one you deal with," he says coldly. Beatrice stares at me shocked.
"Alright Dauntless born, follow me to dinner—that is unless you want a tour," Lauren jokes.
A few people chuckle or smile. They leave and Tobias takes the transfers on their tour. "Where are we going?" I ask Eric as he pulls me aside. "Aren't we going with my brother?"
He directs me into a dark hallway. When we're out of sight, he pushes me gently against the wall.  I'm boxed in by his arms around my head.  He kisses me slowly, lovingly.  When he pulls back, we share the same breath for a moment. "I don't like him being here. He has an attitude problem just like his cousin," Eric whispers. 
"He apologized to me before jumping," I tell him.
"I still don't like him," he replies abruptly.
I sigh, "Yeah." I've got a weird feeling about him, too.

*****