Chapter 104 (Eric's POV)

Hosanna and I are walking in the Pit on our way to training this afternoon

Hosanna and I are walking in the Pit on our way to training this afternoon. I'm in an exceptionally good mood. The combination of the draw and spending the last twelve hours or so in such good company has my spirits up. I check my watch and notice that we should be arriving right on time.
"Do you think Lauren and Four will have everything set up?" I ask Hosanna.
"Yes," she says.
"What makes you so sure?" I question.
"I mentioned marital activities and that we'd meet him at one. He wouldn't even call me to ask anything once that door closes. The whole subject makes him uncomfortable," she explains.
I chuckle. What's he going to do when he gets off his lazy butt and finds a girl—tie her shoes and cut her hair?
"Hosanna!" I hear someone shout.
I turn my head to see Tris running for us.
"Hi! What's going on?" my wife asks.
"I just thought I'd walk with you," she says joining us. "Hi Eric."
I blink, surprised she acknowledged me in such a casual manner. I nod when she looks at me.
"How's everything?" she inquires.
"Good," Hosanna smiles.
"So... I've been dying to know, what did Eric say to you to make you smile like that?" Tris whispers. I think she doesn't realize I can hear. I smirk and glance at Hosanna. She looks shocked.
"Um... can I tell you an unrelated secret," my wife responds.
"A secret? Sure," Tris replies.
"I received Candor as a result. Do you still want to know?" Hosanna asks.
"Oh my goodness. You can talk about that?" Tris whispers harshly.
"That's not the point. I'm telling you my answer will be completely truthful. Do you really want me to answer that question?" she asks again as we turn down the corridor that'll lead us to the training room.
"Yes," Tris answers casually.
"He was talking dirty to me," she replies.
"What? Like that you needed to wash the paint off?" she asks innocently. I grin at that. That was part of it.
"Not necessarily, he was talking about our marital activities," she answers.
I glance at Tris to see her cheeks instantly redden. It creeps up to her ears and down her neck, too.
"Do you see why I told you it'd be completely truthful?" she says. Tris turns her face away in embarrassment.
"It's Dauntless. You're lucky you haven't seen anything indecent in the hallways yet. It might be because I've beefed up security in the Pit though," I respond striding over to Four in the training room.
"Is she okay?" he asks motioning to Tris.
"Do you want a truthful answer?" I grin.
"Sure?" he says like a question.
I open my mouth to respond.
"Don't you dare!" Hosanna insists covering my mouth with her hand.
I laugh when she removes it.
"What's wrong with her?" he asks his sister, concerned about Tris.
"She wanted a truthful answer about something she thought was innocent that turned out to be embarrassing," she replies.
"Oh. Let me guess, Eric was going to give me details," he assumes.
She nods. "Never mind," he mumbles.
"Alright," I shrug.  I look around to see that the targets and knives are, in fact, set up.
I turn to face the crowd of initiates in front of us but notice that Lauren isn't here yet.  The initiates are standing around chatting.  The Dauntless born are intermixed with the transfers.  This almost feels odd putting them together but I'm already seeing camaraderie between the two groups.  It looks like Uriah and his companions are hanging out with Tris and her transfer friends.  Like at lunch before, Gabe and his clique are chatting with Edward and his group.  Peter and his minions seem to be the only transfers keeping to themselves.  They all look exhausted even though they're in a good mood.  It's funny that Hosanna and I slept so well; I feel great.  Lauren joins us and I decide to start.
"Alright, listen up!" I shout.  The initiates immediately give me their attention.  I love that I have that commanding of a presence, the respect.  "Tomorrow will be your final day of fights, the last points you'll receive in this stage.  We're practicing knife throwing and aiming today.  Everyone grab three knives each from the table and pay attention to technique," I explain. 
There's a pause and they all stare.  "Now!" I shout.
They scramble around acting on my instruction.  I turn to my wife smirking.  I love the effect I have on them. 
Hosanna grabs my hand.  "Baby, go easy on them.  They look really tired," she whispers. 
I draw her near as they collect the knives.  I kiss her gently before replying, "Okay.  It's your group.  You make the call."
"Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" she says smiling. 
I shrug.  "Once or twice," I respond. 
"Four, you want to do the honors?" I ask him.