Chapter 102

(Hosanna's POV)

Eric, Four, Lauren, and I pile up boxes of paintballs and weapons outside near the train tracks. I'm glad we're moving around so much. It's keeping me warm since it's freezing outside tonight.  Several members come out to the tracks to join us for the game, the air around them filling with fog from their breath. I notice both Zeke and Shauna are among them. Some guards join us too, but only for fun including Jonah, Zander, and Aaron. I wave at them.
"Alright, let's go wake up some initiates," Eric announces and the group cheers following us back inside. We've all got flashlights on since it's dark in the compound and we'll need them outside. My brother takes his metal pole and bangs on railing in the boys' dorm first. I hear several people exclaim in irritation, probably the transfers.
"Everyone! Get up. Be at the tracks in ten minutes. We're going on another field trip," Eric informs them. The flashlights bounce around the room. I see Zeke shine the light in everyone's faces until he meets Uriah's eyes and stays there. He looks excited, as do the rest of the Dauntless born.
"Dress warmly. It's cold out tonight," I advise before we go to the girls' dorm.
My brother wakes the ladies in the same manner and Eric makes his announcement. I see Christina eyeing my husband in only a long t-shirt. It looks like she's more irritated at being disturbed in the night than anything.
"Are you deaf, Stiff?" Eric asks harshly.
I realize Tris is just staring at him still laying in bed. She snaps out of it and pulls her sheets back, revealing that she's fully dressed.
"Ladies, bundle up. It's cold tonight," I tell them before following my husband out.
Uriah is shouting ecstatically and his delight is contagious. I smile and jog out with Eric. He actually has an enthusiastic smile on his face.
"Let's hope our team is as good as you were at this last year," he grins.
"Let's hope," I agree.
We wait at the tracks.  Eric holds me closely keeping me warm.  My head rests on his chest and I can still see every breath fog up the air around us. I feel him slide an extra box of paintballs into my pocket even though I already loaded my gun.  I watch as the initiates each grab their own paintball gun and a box of ammunition.  Everyone stands around waiting with us.  You can feel their excitement in the air.  This is more enjoyable for me since I know what's about to happen compared to last year; I had no idea what to expect. 
"Four!" Eric shouts when Tobias comes in to view.  "Time?"
My brother looks at his watch and we try to hold our snickers in.  He still has no idea Eric messes with him as much as I do.  "Any minute now.  Don't you have a train schedule?" Tobias questions. 
I can't help but explode in laughter. "What's so funny, baby girl?" he asks. 
I just grin at him and shake my head as the horn blares in the distance.  He stands so close to the tracks in anticipation of its arrival.  The light from the train outlines his features and I notice Tris has her eyes on him in the distance.  As the train barrels past us, we run to catch up and jump on.  Eric and I easily enter the leaders' car.  My brother is still holding onto the handle.  He reaches out and pulls Tris on.  I see her blush heavily at the contact.  I glance at my husband.  He didn't even notice. 
Edward helps Myra on to the last door of the same car.  "Hopeful thinking?" I question the crowd in our car. 
Edward furrows his brows at me in confusion.  "This is the leaders' car," Eric explains to them. 
"Oh, sorry," Edward says heading to the next car.  "Don't worry about it," I tell everyone as we follow him out. 
I pop my head out of the opened doors to make sure everybody is accounted for.  "Everyone's on.  We're good," I say.
We join the next train car of people and they all are crowded into this one car.  I see Tris rush over and join Christina sitting against the wall.  She moved past us quickly.