Chapter 17

After getting changed, Nat and I got prepared to get Brooke again. "Are you ready, Nat?" I asked.

“I’m ready.” Nat said as she walked over. “I’ll unfreeze her, and you can make her forget. The quicker the better, because she’ll probably be struggling, and I personally would rather not get hit by a flailing leg or arm.”

“Sounds like a plan.”

“Regelo.” Unfreeze, Nat said.

“Oblitus.” Forget, I said as quickly as I could after Nat.

“Hey Nat, where’s Maddie?” I asked.

“She’s still in the car. I’ll get Brooke out of the trunk while she’s still dazed and you can get Maddie.

I heard Nat cast another spell, and I assumed that was to warm Brooke up as I walked to the front; where sure enough there was a pink purse sitting there with eyes staring up at me. I opened the door and grabbed Maddie and set her down. She instantly turned into a pig, but I figured she would have to be a purse very shortly again. I figured she deserved to be free for a few minutes though while Brooke figured everything out.

“Natalie is that you?” Brooke asked.

“Yeah, me and Candace….picked you up from your house so you could help us with the mission. Chad…um…well he had to leave so we figured you wouldn’t mind helping even though you wanted to go home. You hit your head when you were trying to get in the car so we lay you down in the trunk, because you fit the best in there, and it would be more comfortable for you. Now we’re at the airport and we need to fly to Cairo.” Nat said, and I admired her story. I thought it was pretty good.

“I don’ remember any of that though. I can’t remember anything right now that happened today!”

“That’s alright. You just went home, because you told us you wanted to say goodbye to your parents and then you gave us some names of magicians that you knew so we could continue on with our mission. You did hit your head pretty hard, so I’m not really surprised that you can’t remember anything that happened today!”

“Well, where’s Brent? Is he okay?” I sighed. Apparently Brooke hadn’t ‘hit her head’ hard enough.

“So we’re going to him already are we? Do we really have to start like this?” I demanded. I thought that maybe just maybe Brooke wouldn’t think of Brent so highly, and maybe just maybe we could be friends. Obviously that wasn’t going to happen, because one of the first things she asked was about him.

“Why do you hate him so much Candace? What did he do to you?” Of course Brooke would try to stick up for him, but I wouldn’t let her nosy self get in the way. I didn’t like her trying to figure everything out. Yes, she was part of the mission, but talking about me disliking Brent would go nowhere.

“That is none of your business. He is my brother so I can, not like him you know. Now get your bags and money, because we need to go find my annoying brother who has our plane tickets.” I grabbed her bags out of the trunk which had been squished in there with her so Brent wouldn’t ask any questions and gave it to her. “I’m sorry Maddie, but you need to be a purse again.” Maddie’s head dropped and I felt bad because she had just been free, but there wasn’t anything that I could do for her. I didn’t think they allowed pigs on planes.

I put Maddie the purse over my head and started walking towards the airport again. I hoped Nat was following me and I didn’t really care about Brooke. If she didn’t come, it would just make the whole mission easier for the rest of us.

Nat quickly caught up to me with Brooke right behind and when we went into the airport, Brent wasn’t where he was supposed to be, which wasn’t exactly a surprise to me. We looked at the airline booths, because Brent was probably still at one of them trying to find a flight. I saw Brent waiting in the Southwest airlines line. I walked to the front of the line, because Brent was the first in line now, and got a few dirty looks, but most people figured out that we were together.