Chapter 31

"Oh no." I muttered, hoping that Maddie wouldn't hear me. 

"What?" She asked. Of course that was my luck and she heard me. 

"Oh nothing." I said casually, 

"Then why did you say oh no, and why do you look like you've seen a ghost." 

"Because I did see a ghost dah. Kendra's in the land of the dead, I'm going to see some ghosts." 

"What happened? Tell me, Candace. Kendra is my best friend and I need to know." 

"Um, I don't see anything anymore." 

"Did the spell wear off?" 

"Nope, Kendra blacked out, and she could be dead. She hasn't seen anything, so either her eyes are closed, she went blind, she's dead, or just passed out." 

"WHAT?" Maddie shrieked. "I'm going." 

"Then so am I." 

"You can't teleport." 

"But you can. You could teleport both of us to the land of the dead." 

"And if one of us dies?" 

"Then we're dead." 

"You don't say. Fine let's go. Katchamuncho." Teleport, Maddie said and suddenly I was there. The place of my worst fears, my worst nightmares, and the place where everything became what I feared the most. 

"Scary isn't it?" Maddie asked. She didn't seem too scared, she seemed really calm. 

"I'd say." I barely said. "Wand ready." I kept glancing around, and realized that I never wanted to die. This is where I could go, but maybe (hopefully) I'd be in the less scary, better part of the place. 

"It's ready." We walked until I saw a place I recognized. 

"Kendra was here, this is where she first appeared. It looks like it." 

"I can sense she was here, not long ago." 

"Can you follow her trail?" 

"If you use the tracking spell. Fair warning, it may not work. You can be a tracker magician and that's your specialty. I am not a tracker magician, so I can't do the spells." 

"What type of magician are you then?" 

"I'm a combat magician. I can do some powerful spells easily in a full scale battle." 

"What am I?" I asked. I wanted to know what I was. I didn't even know you could be a type of magician. 

"I have no idea. That will be decided when you do the magic with ease, or at all." 

"Okay, I do pretty well in fights. So I could be a combat magician. How do you even know what type you are?" 

"You'll know. If you're a combat magician, you will only know in a full scale battle. Like you have to fight over two hundred monsters." 

"Great. What's the tracking spell?" 

"Hosomina." 

"Alrighty then, Hosomina." Track, I said. Ready nothing happened. Shocker there. "Sorry, I guess I'm no tracking magician. 

"That's okay not many magicians are trackers. Kendra was, I mean is." 

"Whatever. So now we have to go by my memory. Jolly." 

"Yep, hopefully you'll remember what you saw." 

"Hopefully. I think Kendra just walked straight,  but  I'm not sure."