Chapter 20

I jumped with a start. "Nightmares?" Nat asked. I nodded. I didn't feel like talking about it. It was a disturbing thought that Brooke would use our souls to bring up the dead. 

"How much longer?" I asked. It felt like we'd been on for only a couple of minutes, but I had slept pretty much the entire flight. 

"About half an hour." Nat said. We sat there for the last half hour, and I was glad to get off. I started feeling unsafe on the plane after I woke up. 

"Let's go. Brooke and Brent are around here." I said. "We have to call a taxi and go!" 

"Okay. Wait, there's a taxi outside. Let's see if we can catch it, so we can go quicker." I was getting really freaked out. We couldn't let Brooke or Brent see us. We couldn't let them talk to us, or even let them think they saw us. I looked over at the food court, and there they were. 

They didn't seem to see us, but I still panicked. "Go, Nat! GO!" I hissed. "I see them." We had both made a decision that we would try to avoid them at all costs and hopefully deal with Brooke after the mission was done. We ran out to the taxi and had some luck, because a taxi was available, and Brooke and Brent hadn't see us that we knew of. Unfortunately we knew nothing. 

We soon saw a taxi following us. "Nat, it's them." 

"Oh, no! Go fast please. One hundred extra pounds if you go really fast and loose the cab behind us." The taxi driver put on the gas and we were off. Once we didn't see them we relaxed a bit, but they knew where we were headed. 

"Pull into the next exit please, or the next McDonald's parking to." I said. The exit took five minutes to get to, but it felt like a lot longer. "We just need a break. We'll be back in ten minutes." I said. Hopefully the taxi would wait, but he wouldn't go if he didn't have his money. We took our backpacks anyways just in case. He did nod, but he may not have understood us. "Nat, where should we go? Brent and Brooke will be at the Pyramids looking for us. They know where we're going." I told her about my dream so she could realize the situation was more serious then it seemed to her. 

"Candace, we have terrible luck." 

"I know. Let's just pay the taxi driver and find a place to camp for the night. Just relax tomorrow and then sleep one more night at camp. Then we can go again. Hopefully they'll have given up by then on their search and we can continue on." 

"Okay, we can just have a relaxing day that we need, and we can just plan what to do." We went to pay the taxi driver his money, plus his extra one hundred pounds. 

"Have a nice day." The taxi driver told us. 

"Thanks, you too." We waved and started walking towards the edge of the little town. We soon found a spot behind some buildings, and we set up camp there. Maddie became a pig again and we let her sleep in the tent for a bit so she could stand guard while we slept.. 

"Nat, the plan is we stay here for a day and then go to Giza. The Sphinx is on the same property as the Pyramids so maybe we have to go there next. It would make sense if the clue told us to go there after the Pyramids. Let's go to the biggest one, but this time, no sightseeing." 

"No, definitely no sightseeing. Sounds like a plan. Should we try using the open spell to see if there's a tomb in there?" 

"Sure. I have no idea what to do from there." I said as I looked at my watch. "Nat our graduation is in an hour, and we're here doing nothing. Nat we can't just stay her for a day. I think we should stay for the night and go." For some reason thinking about our graduation made me mad and sad. I didn't want to just sit around and waste my time, since because of this mission I missed one of the biggest things in my life! We would have been graduating in one hour, if our lives were normal.