Chapter 39

Playing with Magic is coming to a quick end, unfortunately! :( I just want to thank all my readers for reading, you don't know how much I appreciate it! :) You guys are the best and I'm sorry if you're a reader and I haven't dedicated a chapter to you! I always try to get around to everyone, but sometimes I forget a couple of people! So enjoy and have a great time reading! :) 

For once I didn't dream about Brooke or Brent, It was King who had killed me. 

"Master," King said bowing before someone who I couldn't really see. He must've been the leader of the sorcerers and the dark side; he was the one we were supposed to stop. "I failed you." 

Somehow his master couldn't hear him even though he was dead. (King not the master.) "Yes, but you did slow them down. I need to get more comfortable being alive again. You killed their leader Candace Brown, and their companion Kendra Lacmer. If it hadn't been for Natalie Genstine, Madison Gilbert would be dead too." 

"I know, but I was supposed to stop them, master!" 

The deep voice (the sorcerer's voice) chucked, which was pretty creepy. "You've come the closest to stopping them. So far they've been unstoppable, but they'll come to me next. They don't know I'll be there either, I'll kill them. I'll stop them." 

"Sir, before last year, Romo had been in charge and the most powerful. Are you sure you're ready to take them on? They destroyed Romo with ease, we can move y-" 

"Do you doubt me Kagi?" I almost burst out laughing. The King ghost's name was Kagi really? That was a name I'd never heard before; I never pictured King to be a Kagi. 

"No, Master! You could take out hundreds of magicians with a single spell." 

"That's much better, Kagi, much better!" 

"Yes, Master." 

"How's your fiancé? I need her to train so she becomes stronger for the real battle when it comes." 

"It won't necessarily come. You could kill them." 

"Yes, Kagi it will. They'll somehow escape the Land of the Dead, even if it's in one thousand years. We need forces ready. I'm not sure who will all be involved, but it will involve me, Brown, and Genstine." 

"Master, if it's in thousands of years you may die." 

"No, Kagi, I will not die again." Just as my dream was fading, I saw a bandage roll out from the spot of the voice, I should've been smarter there, but I only thought the sorcerer had a bad foot and needed a bandage.

"Candace," A voice said. "Please don't be dead!" 

"Ugh!" I groaned. Was I alive again? OR had I moved to the graveyard and some other ghost was there to help me? 

"CANDACE!" The voice yelled happily. If I was alive, Kendra was right, it didn't feel to good to be brought back. I felt all prickly, like I had nails poked into every part of my body. 

"She's coming around guys." Another voice said. I decided to open my eyes which wasn't smart. I was in even more pain now. 

I saw Kendra first and my first thought was, we must've been sharing a graveyard or we were in the Land of the Dead together. I moved my head and no longer saw my body, so I really thought I was dead, and in a graveyard, but then I saw Nat. "Are you-" I couldn't finish. 

"Candace, you're alive again!" Nat exclaimed. 

"Don't worry, Candace. I'm not feeling great myself, and you came closer to leaving your body and going to a graveyard. One more minute and you would've been gone." 

"Maddie?" I asked, which took a lot of energy. Being dead sucked, but coming back from the dead sucked even more. 

"I'm here. You've been asleep for hours. That's why we thought your soul was gone." Maddie explained. 

"Thanks." I didn't need to say more. She understood what I meant. 

"No problem. You guys got me to be good again. It's the least I could do for you." 

"Nat, you were-" I took a very deep, very painful breath. "Amazing." 

"Thanks, I," Then I fell asleep again from the pain and the exhaustion.

"My lady," Brent said. 

"Thank you for playing your roll. They'll never know." 

Suddenly Brent, who was a sorcerer, became a ghost that I'd never seen before. It looked nothing like Brent. "They never suspected a thing. Brent joining us? That wouldn't happen!" 

"I know!" Brooke said. "I have to give you credit for bringing me back so quickly. Once master heard what you did, he had to reward you. Candace," Her eyes flashed with anger and revenge. "She'll pay." 

"She was killed by your fiancé. If you went searching, you could probably find out where she was and kill-kill her, so that she can NEVER come back to the living." I already wasn't a fan of this ghost and he hadn't said much. 

"Master ordered all ghosts to go to training, they may need us for the battle." Brooke said. 

"No, my lady. He’d doesn't want us in this war. He thought he did and then thought that it was too low to get help from the dead/undead ghosts." He said in a mocking tone. "He said it's his war, not ours. He's preparing us for the last war. The real one that he may not be in. Master's war will come first and it will slow down the magicians, if not kill them all, but we are not needed in the upcoming war. Then when the real war comes, we will be ready and stronger than ever." 

I suddenly heard a protest or mumbo-jumbo. 

"Brent, you can stop now. We have your wand and we will not let you go, unless Master says differently. You will rot in your spot, until your bones are thrown away." The ghost I didn't know said. "Master will forget about you by tomorrow." 

"You're lucky we feed you and give you water." Brooke said. "You'll rot with no cleaning and if you're not dead by six months than we will eat your flesh." 

To prove her point Brooke showed her fangs off and was about to take some skin off when her companion stopped her. "My lady, Kagi will want the first bite. Plus that could make him jealous." 

"Right, fine." Brooke said grudgingly.  

I was happy and scared. Brent wasn't bad and he didn't turn on us, but he was in the hands of Brooke and some ghost that was an evil mastermind! We'd have to rescue him and find the place of the ghosts, if we made it out of the mission alive.