Chapter 37

We slowly went back down to the ground, knowing that Brent had betrayed us. Really I wasn't okay, like I had told Nat. Our poor parents. He was so annoying! How could he not have any feelings? My parents, OUR parents, wound think that he was still at home, safe and sound. I had lost my brother, and someone I had trusted with my life. 

My parents had said he'd play a big roll in the mission. I guess he had, he had stopped Brooke from getting to us and now she was dead, along with all her monsters she called up with her. The only monster alive from the battle was Maddie's brother. 

When we got to the ground, I instantly asked Maddie about her brother, because I know I'd lost mine, so I hoped hers would be okay. "Maddie, where's your brother?" 

"He went to go home to see if our parents were still alive. I think they might be dad. Where's your brother?" 

My face darkened. "He chose a different path. We will fight him and he will die." I said bitterly. 

"He joined the dark side?" Kendra asked. 

"Yes." 

"I'm sorry.  I know how that feels." Maddie said. I guess she did though. She had gone over to the dark side for three years. If she didn't understand it, no one would. 

"Shall we go? We still have to find Ramses the second's tomb." I said, this was a sad moment and I couldn't stand to think about the dark side right now. I hated sad moments, and I just wanted to get moving again. 

"Okay, but how do we know which one is his?" Nat asked. 

"I'm sure they have signs. They wouldn't just leave a tomb with no information on it. Tourists come here and they'll want to know about it." I pointed out. 

So we walked in silence as we got deeper into the tombs. "There it is." I said, breaking the silence. 

"What do we do?" Nat asked. 

"Do what we normally do." I answered. "Just go with the flow and hope for the best." 

We walked into the tomb and right away I could tell something wasn't right. It smelled too dead like. Like this was the entrance to the Land of the Dead. "Wands!" I quickly said. 

"Okay, you smell-" Nat never finished her sentence. 

"Ha! You will pay for killing the girl I love!" 

"You're the ghost king?" I asked. 

"Yes, I am. Now you may have defeated Mohammad the great, but  I am two times as powerful as he was!" 

"If you say so." I said with a mocking tone. 

"DIE CANDACE BROWN!" He lunged at me with, well I didn't know at the time. I instantly collapsed as I was stabbed in the heart, and was breathing in my dying breaths.