Chapter 21

"Brent, my feet hurt." Brooke complained. 

"I know. Should we call it a night? We can start again tomorrow." 

"Brent, honey they were so mean to you! Why do you want to find them?" 

"Because they would do the same for me if I suddenly disappeared." 

"They're not right now." Brooke said. "In fact they lost us when we followed them. For some reason they left the country. They were at the airport after all." 

"Maybe they were looking for us." Brent said trying to reassure Brooke, but mainly himself. 

"Why would they suddenly want tot loose us then and not come to the Pyramids?" 

"I don't know. Let's call it a night. If I know Candace, I know she'll come early tomorrow morning. They need sleep so we can come back tomorrow at four." 

"Let's go then and Brent honey, you're right." Brooke grabbed Brent's hand and they walked away looking happy. That was gross, but I knew we had to go now or when we woke up. They left and we could avoid them. Suddenly my dream changed and Brooke was in the bathroom talking to a ghost. "Where are they?" She asked. 

"I cannot see that. I am dead, I use all my power talking to you." 

"Brent is with us." Brooke said. 

"And how can you be so sure? Did you ask him?" The ghost asked. 

"No, but he loves me  so he'll side with us." 

"If only he knew." The ghost muttered. "Does he not love his sister too? He's been searching for days. IF you were missing would he look for you?" 

"Yes, I know he would." 

"I trust you Brooke, but if you are wrong, then I'm sorry, but you will be leading our army when we rise. And I'm not saying that you'll be alive either. You will be leading the army of the dead." 

I woke with a start. "Nat, we have to go!" I shook her awake just as Maddie came in to wake us up. "Quickly, pack up camp. We HAVE to go! Brooke and Brent just left, and they're coming back at four in the morning. They think that's our plan to come at four or early in the morning." 

"Then let's go!" Nat agreed. Everything was down within five minutes and Maddie was a purse. We ran to get a taxi and were on our way. 

We were there within forty-five minutes and went to work straight away. We ran to the biggest pyramid and began. "Nat, I have to put these people to sleep and make them forget. Then you can open the pyramid, and we can see if it works. We can't let anyone see us." 

"Okay, ready?" 

"Yep. Hesan." Sleep, I said. Everyone fell to the ground except Nat and she looked like she was having troubles staying awake. "Gandmanabanaia." Forget, "Go Nat go!" 

"Oquen." Open, Nat said very quickly. She said it so quickly, that I worried that the spell wouldn't work right. The Pyramid did successfully open though. We stood there in awe as steps led down into the depths of the Pyramid. We ran inside and the Pyramid closed. The lights turned on and we looked around. 

"This is amazing! I wonder if  anyone has ever been here before." I said. It truly was amazing. It was so ancient and had some beautiful drawings in it. I'm not really into the history thing, but that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. 

"Me too. Come on let's-oh no. Candace, there are a million tunnels! We have no idea what we're looking for either!" 

"Do we have a flashlight?" I asked calmly. I wasn't too worried, we'd figure something out. 

"Yep, but we could always make our wands glow too." 

"True, well wands would be easier. Islas." Light, suddenly the whole tunnel lit up from my wand. "Perfect." We started and then decided to put Maddie down. After about twenty steps, things started to go wrong, and I can't exactly say they improved either. We were at a dead end so we turned around, and went down another passage. That time, we made it about 800 meters, before we had to make a choice. 

"Right or left?" I asked. 

"Right, it should be the right way after all." Nat said. For some reason I laughed. It wasn't that funny, but this was a stressful situation. I thought it was pretty funny. 

"Nice one Nat! That was a pretty good joke, even though it was cheesy." 

"It was Gouda though, wasn't it?" 

"Okay Nat okay." I started laughing again. "I'll give you that that one was a good one. Let's go right then." I kept laughing to myself for a couple of minutes. 

After a couple of minutes of walking, we walked into a room. "This must be a tomb." I said. It was amazing! Even more amazing than the entrance to the Pyramid. There were jewels, gold, and riches beyond belief in the tomb. It must've belonged to a king or Pharaoh. They had a throne, a scepter, and even one of those things they put on their heads. I knew the Egyptians believed that they should be buried with riches and everything good, so they could bring that with them to the afterlife. I'd heard of some pretty interesting things with burying the rulers. I walked over to the coffin that was in the middle of the room and read the name, at least I tried to, but it was in hieroglyphics. 

"Mininb." Translate, I said. It said Khafre. "Oh wow! That is pretty cool. This is Khafre tomb!" I said sarcastically. Truthfully, I had no idea who Khafre was, but that's alright. 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, I don't know who he is though." 

"I think he was Khufu's son or something." 

"Sure, while anyways, I can't sense the thing we need to find in here. Can you?" 

"Nope." Maddie started squealing at the coffin. 

"Maddie, what's wrong?" I asked. 

I was answered by the lid of the coffin opening up. 

Something or someone laughed. "Don't worry dearies. You do have a job here and you did come to the right place. Your job here is to die. I need to raise my fellow ghosts." Suddenly a ghost came up and looked at Maddie. "Hello Maddie, this time you won't be so lucky." He laughed a dark, evil laugh.