Chapter 35

"Now, now settle down." Brooke's face hardened. I guessed she hadn't heard the last part or seen the tear. "I'll show you my true form." She did, and this time she looked deadly. She had turned bad. The only good she had left in her was her friendship with Brent. Now that he hated her, or didn't love her anymore, her good had left her. "See this is my true form! I'm a ghost, like Mohammad and Mohammad may have failed, but you will NOT leave this place alive!" 

By now were out of sight from any locals or tourists. 

"Ghosts rise, monsters come, and brothers I give you my blessing, rise! Come, fight and avenge your deaths!" 

That sounded ridiculous, but moments after she said that, everything went crazy! Brent attacked Brooke, but we had our own problems. Apparently they weren't short on fire breathing pics anymore, because we had about ten in front of us. I wondered if any of them used to be magicians, but I didn't really have time to think. 

Brooke had brought up lines of monsters, ghosts, and she said brothers, but  I didn't know what she'd meant at the time. 

So we started with the pigs. "Mesommunchio." Water, I yelled. Kendra and Nat did that too, but Maddie didn't. I wondered if she'd known these pigs or if her wand said mesommunchio. 

We squirted water at three pigs and they couldn't breathe fire so they flew away. Then we did that again and again until all were gone, except for one. I was about to squirt it when Maddie spoke up. "Please don't hurt him! That's-that's my brother." 

"Oh, alright. Um, can you get him to you know...come to our side?" That was awkward! Who knew that was her brother. For some reason Maddie's family liked or seemed to be turned into flying, fire-breathing pigs a lot. 

Next were ten foot tall snakes. "Sagan." Zap, I said. One snake fell, but we still had nine to go. 

"AMNA!" Destroy, Nat yelled since she couldn't use Sagan. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Brooke and Brent still fighting and I just saw flashes and smoke all around them. As they fought they seemed to just keep getting higher and higher off the ground. 

"Acacki." Destroy all, Maddie said. All the snakes disappeared which worried me, since that was a huge spell to use and took a lot of energy. Plus we still had a ton of monsters, ghosts, and brothers (I still didn't know what that meant) to go through. 

Then we had the one hundred eyed, ten foot tall, ten nosed, and no mouth monster that had almost cost Nat her life. There were only two of them, but Nat and I had a hard time with one. Now we had to fight one, and Maddie and Kendra had to fight the other. Who knew if one went down what could happen to the other. If Maddie and Kendra both went down fighting, well let's just say Nat and I had a good chance of joining them. 

"Kendra, Maddie you guys take one and Nat and I will take the other." I told them. "You okay?" I asked Nat. 

"This monster is going to die. STACA!" Cut, Nat yelled. This part is kind of gross, so I'm sorry if you find this part disturbing. The monsters nose was cut off by Nat's magic and almost hit my foot. Green, I guess you could say, blood started gushing out and some bones were sticking out. Plus you could see his snot and I had a wonderful view of his actual nose. It was disgusting! 

A zap of lightning came down on both of us, but we rolled out of the way just in time. I couldn't believe I was doing this, but I said, "Staca." Cut and off went one of his arms. "Gross!" I muttered. Off went the arm and out came the 'blood.' This time some pink muscles were showing and I almost lost whatever food was in my stomach that I'd eaten earlier. Then a bone actually stuck straight out and you could see all the muscles. I also had a splendid view of the inside of his arm that had fallen off close to my feet again! That's when I lost whatever food was in my stomach. I looked at Nat. "Sorry." She didn't look much better.