Chapter 26

"Nat run!" I said. We had run into the person we'd been trying to avoid for so long! "GO INVISIBLE!" I yelled. "Amarama." Invisible. Nat and I ran to the place we'd come from. I at least assumed Nat was going there too. I looked back and saw that Brooke was trying to look for us, but she couldn't see us. 

She could've cast the visible spell, but she would've had to point right at us, and she couldn't see us! (HA!) I turned the corner from where camp was, and I ran to Maddie. I turned visible, which startled Maddie, but I started taking down camp. "Nat is coming, I hope. We saw Brooke, and we have to go!" Just as I said that Nat came and turned visible. She helped me take down camp, and then we all went invisible. We ran right past Brooke who was getting closer to our camp. We had eachother's backpacks so we knew where we were. I was leading, then Nat, and last Maddie. We ran till we left the exit, then ran until we got to the next exit. We got there in half an hour, which was pretty good. We became visible again, and hopped in a cab. 

"Do you know where this is?" Nat asked the taxi driver as she showed him the parchment. 

"Yes, that's the City of the Dead." 

"Can you take us there?" Nat asked. 

"No, you go by train, I drive you to train station." 

"Okay, thank you." Maddie, Nat, and I piled into the cab. Thankfully we went the opposite way that we had come from. After about an hour of anxious driving and looking back a lot, we finally made it to the train station. 

"Thank you!" We paid the taxi and left. 

"Two tickets to the City of the Dead please." I said. 

"Next train leaves in two hours." 

"Are there any quicker ones?" I asked. "Any connecting trains?" 

"One leaves in ten minutes, but it's very expensive." the lady said. 

"How much?" I asked. I was willing to pay a bit more money if it meant getting out of that train station quicker. 

"Four hundred dollars a ticket." She answered. 

"I think we can wait two hours." So we bought our tickets and turned Maddie into a purse. Then we sat and waited. We finally decided to get some food. We got some subs at Subway and then finally, got on the train. It was going to be a long ride to the City of the Dead. That's when I fell asleep and dreamt of Brooke and Brent. 

"Excuse me," Brooke said to an Egyptian lady. "If you needed to get away fast from this exit what would you do?" 

"Airport." The lady said. 

"Besides the airport?" 

"Taxi." 

"Okay, anything else?" 

"Train." 

"Oh, alright. Where would you go from the train station?" Brooke asked. 

"Different country." Clearly Brooke was getting annoyed with the ladies answers. 

"Okay thank you." It looked like she was still in the exit that we had been in. "Brent they totally ran away from me!" 

"Well you threatened them." 

"Yeah, but..." 

"But what?" Brent asked suspiciously. 

"Can't they just get over it?" 

"Well, that's there decision, not ours." Brent said. 

"Okay."