Chapter 36

"Back so soon?" I asked. 

"You will die, Candace Brown! My master gave me another chance to redeem myself and I will not fail this time! As for you Kendra, you need to die again and this time Maddie, you will NOT have a second chance. I will not spare you again. You were not a good monster, and Kendra missy, you will be sent to the depths of the dead world where your  soul will be so shattered that you will never be able to come back to life again." 

"So basically, you want to kill all of us?" I asked. 

"Yep." Romo said as if that was the best and brightest thing in the world. 

"And you work  for Brooke, who's your master right?" 

"What was your first clue? That I'm standing here and she said brothers come to me? She wants you all dead and preferably have your heads as memoirs on her wall." 

"Lovely. Tell her-never mind you won't be able to tell her anything. You'll be dead by the time she's done fighting Brent. Wait, maybe you too can talk in the dead world!" 

"Amna." Destroy, Kendra yelled. Romo was thrown back, but just smiled. 

He chuckled. "Nice attempt, but I'm strong. You of all people should know that." Kendra and Maddie charged him so Nat and I looked at each other and charged Sono and Boco. I took Sono. 

"Hey Sono, I hear you like water." 

His reply was a squirt of water in the face. 

"Thanks, nice to meet you too." But really what I was thinking was opposites can attract, but they can also be a persons downfall. In other words, if Sono loved water so much then he must hate fire. 

"Messomunchiooooooooooooooooooooooooooo," Water, Sono sang as if he were an opera singer. 

"Icarum." Shield, I said quickly. I needed to block water, then I thought maybe it'd come from everywhere so I said, "Icarum Sundo." Shield me, and I got a shield ball around me just as water hit my shield from all directions. It even came up from the ground, if I hadn't had a shield ball, I would've  been drowned. 

After a few minutes of waiting, I finally decided to take my shield down. 

As soon as I did, I cast a spell. "Yusam." Fire. The magic shot out of my wand and landed on Sono. 

"Fire!" He screamed like a little girl who was being chased by huge dogs. Then he was gone, I ran over to help Nat. 

"Songashonee." Warm, I said softly. I shot the magic as Boco as I was running so Boco wouldn't See it coming. If he was from Antarctica, warmth wouldn't do him any good. 

"Ahhh! Nooooo, I'm melting!" He wasn't kidding either, he actually started becoming a puddle. 

"Nat!" I yelled. She knew what to do. 

"Songashonee." Warm, she said again and Boco was only a puddle. I decided to leave his puddle there and hope that once it got cold, he wouldn't reform. 

"Nat, let's help Maddie and Kendra." Romo was looking really good, and Maddie, but especially Kendra, weren't looking too good. They were rusty fighters after being a pig and dead for so long. 

"Romo, come here!" I said. Maddie and Kendra couldn't fight much longer and I knew it, unfortunately so did Romo. He wasn't paying attention to me, so I decided to run behind him. I still had the knife the ghost had 'given' me, so I did the obvious thing, I stabbed Romo. 

"Ow!" He howled. He spun around as I ripped my knife out of him again. I wanted to keep it, it could come in handy, especially if I fought another ghost. "That only hurt me, knives cannot kill me Candace Brown. They only kill-icarum." Shield, he casually said, because Maddie was about to strike from behind. "Can only kill ghosts, and only amateur ghosts. You might as well chuck it."