Chapter 40

I came around again, this time feeling stronger. "Candace," A voice said. 

I opened my eyes and saw Maddie by my side. "Where's-" I started. 

"Kendra and Natalie went to go find the next clue so we can finish this mission off." 

"It is almost done. I can feel it in my bones." I whispered. It was almost sad, because I was a new person now and it had been very scary, but fun. 

"I know Candace. I'm really sorry about Brent." 

"Don't be. I had a dream, but this isn't the right spot to share it. It still smells dead, as if the ghosts are spying on us." 

"Okay, but I know how hard it is for someone you love to turn bad." 

"You turned bad." 

"Yes, but a year earlier, my brother had gone on a mission. During that time was when he turned evil and into a fire breathing pig." 

"Oh, I'm sorry for you. Your poor family." 

"Yeah, but we learned to live with it." Just then Kendra and Nat came back. 

"Found it!" Nat announced. "Hey Candace, you're back. Sorry I couldn't stay with you. I was outvoted by these two." She pointed one thumb at Kendra and one at Maddie. 

"What's the clue this time?" I asked. 

"It's a tomb, at least I think. Oquen." Open, Nat said. The tomb clicked open, and Nat pulled a parchment out. "It says, Congratulations, you are almost done. You are close to surviving your mission. You have only one place to go, yet. Use the models you have found and put them together to figure out where you must go next. You've done well. You must think popular and well known for the place you will be going. Remember you must destroy the dark magic that's brewing. The leader of the dark side. Well that was helpful." Nat said. 

She grabbed all our little models that she'd kept in her backpack. "So we have a Pharaoh Head, dead, a tomb, and a crown." 

"So it has to be a popular Pharaoh, who was King, who died, and is now in a tomb." I said feeling much better after my second 'sleep.' I even sat up. "Remises was popular." 

"It would make sense. We were, I guess we still are in Remises the second's tomb. So we could just go to Remises and we'll be done." Maddie said. 

"Agreed." Kendra said. 

"Okay, we can go there then." Nat agreed. "Candace, can you walk?" 

"I'll be fine." I shook of any help. I could do it by myself, I wasn't that weak. At first my vision was fuzzy, but then it fixed itself again. Remises' tomb was only a couple of tombs over from Remises the second's tomb. 

"Can you use magic?" Nat asked me. 

"Yep, I' feel better the more I move around. That's probably from the spell that Kendra did earlier. I haven't really stopped since the battle and then I died." I said bluntly. 

"True, if you get tired..." 

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be fine. I can take care of myself." 

"Okay." Once again as soon as we entered the tomb, I knew something wasn't right. 

"This isn't the right tomb." Just as we were about to get out of the tomb, a big rock came down and blocked the entrance. "Great more monsters." 

"I was not expecting guests." A low, deep voice said. "My master will be happy that I had the chance to stop you. You made a mistake young magicians. Now I can eat lunch."