Chapter 4

Of course we forgot a few minor details though.“Candace, how are we going to do the food? Do you have any secret stashes in here?” Nat asked me, as she picked up her soccer ball sized pile of clothes.

“Nope, no stashes for me, how about you? As soon as Mom and Dad are asleep we can go to the pantry and grab granola bars, mini bags of chips, travel sized raison boxes, and peanut bags and that kind of thing. A box of crackers, and so on. We’ll just shrink it so that we don’t have to be weighed down anymore.”

“Nope I don’t have any secret food stashes either!” Nat picked up her purse and threw it in her backpack. We locked our safes and made sure everything was in order.

“Are you all packed?” I asked.

“Yep, I’m ready to go. Don’t forget your wand Candace.” Nat smiled.

“Yeah how could I forget if I’m going to teleport to Brent’s room?” I asked.

“It’s called a joke.”

“Well, whatever Nat!”

“Ianuae Magicae.” Teleport, I heard Nat say and I did the same thing. We were in Brent’s room again.

“WHOA!” Brent yelled again. “You guys have got to stop doing that!” This time he didn’t sound angry that we were in his room. This time he wasn’t trying to tell Mom and Dad that we had entered his room without permission, and that was really nice. It was kind of nice not yelling at each other all the time and getting along. We hadn’t said anything, but just the fact that I was in Brent’s room and he wasn’t yelling for Mom and Dad was enough said.

“You need to stop yelling.”

“Well, I get scared easily.” Brent said defensively.

“Sorry, but we’re ready to go.” Nat said. She was way better at dealing with Brent then I was. I just got mad at him and wanted to punch him, but Nat could actually be nice to him.

“How did you guys not pack anything? You’re girls! Girls always pack so much!”

“Yeah, well we probably packed more. We have our secrets though!” I said secretively, even though Brent would eventually figure it out. “Nat, you know what we should do? We should create clones! Then Mom and Dad won’t even know we’re gone and we won’t get in trouble!” I was very thrilled with my new idea.

“That’s a really good idea! Steve and Emma won’t even realize we left!” Nat said happily. “We won’t even get in trouble!”

“I hope not Nat.” I said, but I wasn’t sure I believed it. To get out of all this would be too good, too perfect. “Are you guys ready to go?” I asked.

“Yeah I’m all packed, but I don’t have any food.” Brent said.

“We don’t either so we’re just going to raid the pantry before we go.”

“But I don’t have many clothes, and I definitely don’t have any clothes for winter weather.” Brent protested.

“We’ll buy you clothes if you really need them. You can buy them anywhere.” I said.

“Okay sounds good.” Brent seemed content with the fact that Nat and I would use our money to buy him clothes, but a happy Brent meant a happy life.

“Let’s go now. Who knows when Mom and Dad are going to come up again.”

“Okay, let’s go.” Nat said. We ran downstairs and I saw my parents sitting at the kitchen table, with very serious facial expressions, and they were probably deciding what to do with Nat and I. Unfortunately, Brent banged into the wall and Mom and Dad looked up. We had been spotted, and they did not look happy. My parents didn’t seem to believe the fact that I had just disobeyed a rule of theirs. I had never gone against their punishments, because I was taught if I respected them and their rules, they would respect mine. Not that I had many rules, just the fact that they couldn’t go into my room without permission. This time I had to go against my parent’s though, I was not going to accept the fact that magic, which was now part of my life and had been hidden from me and Nat, was now forbidden. What Dad said was ridiculous, no magic allowed. I wouldn’t let them get away with any more ridiculous rules. I was done hiding and being scared of my parents and what they could do.