Chapter 28

So after my dad left, our train got to the train station in the City of the Dead an hour later. 

Nat and I decided to run, because we knew Brooke and Brent would be using magic on normal people, and they'd be coming as quickly as possible! Just the thought of Brooke-ug! I didn't want to kill her, but if it meant keeping the ghosts from rising then I would do that. If I could save the world, then I would! 

Actually the more I thought about it, the more I got used to the fact that I would have to kill Brooke. She would kill anyone that got in the way of her buddies rising. It'd be a safer world if she was gone! 

"Nat, this place worries me. There's a lot of tombs here so the ghosts could really be living here!" 

"I know, but we have to do this! The parchment showed a picture of this place. We have to find the clue so we can move on!" 

"Let's get this place done quickly. Nat, where should we go? This is a whole city! We have to move quickly and can't look around everywhere for it! Before we knew it was the Pyramids and the Sphinx! Now we have no idea where to go!" 

"True say. Let's look at the picture again and we can see if we can see any specific place." Sure enough when we looked at the picture a graveyard was slightly darker than the rest of the picture. "Let's ask around!" 

"Okay." So we went to the travel information desk in the train station. "Excuse me," I said. "Do you know where this graveyard is?" 

"That is in the center of the city. It's our biggest graveyard." 

"What's its name?" 

"It has no name. It's so old, we have no name." 

"Can we take a taxi?" Nat asked. 

"No, you walk. We have no taxis around here." 

"Oh, alright thanks." So Nat and I had to run. "Nat, let's put down Maddie, she's too heavy." 

"Good idea!" So Maddie went down, and we ran with her on a leash. I'm sure the locals didn't see a pig on a leash everyday. 

Sure enough as the lady at the train station had said, there were no taxis, no cars, and no electronics. People were walking and had candles in their windows. The most advanced thing in the city was definitely the train station. 

That place was a strange place. There were only white and grey houses that weren't made out of brick. They were only made out of stone and maybe mud, but were coated in dust. There were tomb openings in the middle of the street. It didn't smell very good either. I think that most people who died here were left to rot in their homes. So we ran to get away from the smell too. 

After about ten minutes of running we arrived at the graveyard. It was really creepy. There was no flowers, no grass, and no colour. I guess just like the city. 

"Candace, Maddie have your wands, um magic ready. Some ghost will probably come to see us and try to kill us." 

"I'm ready." Maddie oinked in agreement. Sure enough a minute later a ghost did appear, but she didn't look like Mohammad or the king ghost. She looked more happy and um alive? If you could call a ghost alive! In my dream Brooke had looked like Mohammad, but also like this girl. Was she part ghost? Was she a ghost, but part good and part bad? 

I pointed my wand at her. "Who are you?" I demanded. 

"You can put your wand away Candace Brown, and Natalie Genstine you don't need yours either." She walked towards us. "Oh Maddie, how are you? I've missed you!" She tried giving Maddie a hug, but floated right through her. Did she know Maddie or something?