Chapter 38

Was I dead?  I looked around and saw my body-MY BODY on the ground. Yep, I was dead. 

I saw a battle going on between Nat, Kendra, and Maddie, and the ghost king. No one seemed to care or notice that my body was on the ground. I looked closer and saw that I had a knife sticking out of my chest. That wasn't very nice looking. I think he put magic on the knife to make sure I died. 

If you're wondering why I didn't go to a cemetery or the land of the dead, well I was too. I was guessing since my body was still there, my ghost would be too. When I was buried, then my ghost would leave to go to the land of the dead or a cemetery. 

It was scary being dead, I didn't think anyone could see my ghost, and I couldn't feel any part of my body. But who cares how scary it is to be dead, so back to the fight. 

I could see the King's (I just called the ghost king, king) mouth moving. Just so you know, I couldn't hear very well either. King seemed to be chanting. Nat went in a shield ball and Maddie did too, but Kendra didn't make it in time. 

Down she went, I ran over to her side and tried to help. I couldn't feel anything and nobody could see me, or so I thought. 

Suddenly I could hear again. "So you are dead!" King said triumphantly. I chose not to say anything. "Ha! Now I've killed two. Kendra isn't strong enough. She will die, and the mighty Candace Brown who was the supposed one to end the sorcerers," he smiled at that as if it was a secret,  "Is dead too!" 

That's when Nat attacked. She decided to pull a me. "Conco," Lightning, she quickly said. 

Unfortunately King was stronger than Brooke. He was hit by just one bolt and then stopped the lightning all together. 

"Amna!" Destroy, Nat tried again. King was blown back, but got right back up and this time called down lightning on Nat. "Icarum Sundo," Shield me, Nat and Maddie said. 

I began wondering if I was able to talk and if I could do magic. "Kendra," I whispered. Yep I could talk. "Icarum." Shield, I said. I wanted to shield Kendra before any lightning came down on her, to finish her off. My magic didn't work, a second later Kendra was hit by lightning and I knew she was dead for sure. 

Nat and Maddie were looking strong and their shields didn't go out after they were hit by lightning several times. 

"Punmip." Stop, Nat ordered and all the lightning stopped. 

"You have gotten stronger Miss Genstine. Maybe we should be watching you more than your friend, Candace." 

"Nope, you won't be watching anyone!" Nat said. "You'll be dead." 

"Yunsm." Fire, Maddie whispered. Suddenly there was a fire circle around Kig and he was getting burned, badly. So bad that the skin on his face began to melt off. (If you could call it skin since he was pure white.) 

"Mesommunchio!" Water, King screamed loudly. Probably partially because he was in so much pain, he was scared, and he was mad. 

"Kimani." Kill, King yelled. 

"Icarum Sundo." Shield me, Nat and Maddie said just in time. A blow put out their shields. 

King looked exhausted and not too great since his face was half off. He wouldn't last too much longer. 

Nat and Maddie continued to fight King, when I was tapped on the shoulder. I spun around. "Who-oh Kendra, it's just you." I said. Kendra was also a ghost so I could feel her touch, at least I assumed that's why. That was the first thing I had felt since I died. It's not like I had any experience being dead, so I didn't know too much. 

"I'm sorry you had to die." Kendra sad. 

"It's alright. I feel worse for you! You just came back to life and now you're dead again. The entire time you were alive, you had to fight. I'm so sorry." 

"It's okay. This shows me that I'm supposed to die. I don't want to be brought back to life again." 

"To bad, because you'll be brought back, no matter what you want. Maddie and Nat will bring you back." 

"It's so hard dying. Not only once, but twice and then coming back. I have no one to talk to and I don't do anything!" 

"Exactly why we have to bring you back to life again." I argued. 

"Candace you don't understand!" 

"I'm dead too." 

"If you're brought back to life first, you have to tell them that I don't want to come back." 

"They'll each work on us. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to let you stay dead. We're friends and we need to help each other as much as possible and I can help you by bringing you back." 

"I know, but believe me, when you come back to life, it doesn't feel very nice. You feel like your whole body's asleep and it's just tingly." 

"Okay, when does that go away?" 

"A couple of hours after you wake up. I didn't wake up for twenty minutes after you put the spell on me." 

"That's not terrible. To me that's worth living." 

"Well, you'll understand. The part where your body's asleep is really painful. Every movement hurts." Kendra pointed out. 

"That sucks, I wish I could have-oh no! Maddie's down!" 

"Maddie!" Kendra screamed. 

"Icarum sundo," Shield me, I heard Nat yell as soon as possible as she tried to pull Maddie into the shield ball. It worked, so that was good to know. Then Nat stepped out and somehow the shield remained around Maddie. 

"King ghost, YOU WILL DIE! YOU KILLED TWO OF MY FRIENDS AND ONE WAS MY BEST FRIEND AND SISTER!" 

That touched my hear. At least Maddie was still alive. 

"ACACKI!" Destroy all. That was a powerful spell so it could easily take out King. Sure enough it did. He also left a heartwarming message for us. In other words wasted last words. 

"You will die Natalie Genstine and Maddie Gilbert. Candace Brown, I know you can hear me. I will avenge you for my fiance's death. Kendra Lacmer, I have special plans for you." 

"Brooke's engaged? She's only eighteen. Oh well her problem not mine." That was the only thing I got out of the whole message. 

Nat first went to Maddie so she could see if she was alive. She had the most hope out of the three of us. 

Nat got her to stand up without using magic, but she wasn't looking very good. She looked really pale and fragile like she had just woken up and only had one hour of sleep the night before. 

"I'll do the life bringing back part, you rest for now." I heard Nat say. "Who should I do first?" 

"Kendra, she's been dead before and it's probably worse on her. 

"NO!" Kendra yelled, but they must not have been able to hear our ghosts, or they just ignored her. "This isn't good, your soul will go to a graveyard soon and it'll be impossible to bring you back to life unless we find that graveyard. I can wait!" 

"You won't last much longer than me! Go, I'll be okay." I felt tired and  little unaware of my surroundings. 

In the background I heard talking. "Natalie, I have to do Candace. Soon her soul will be leaving for a graveyard and Kendra's more fragile so she has to be done first." 

"If you can do it, please do. I don't want to go on without Candace, and we can't search every graveyard in Egypt." 

I was feeling really tired so I decided to lay down beside my body. I felt a sudden jerk, opened my eyes, and saw Maddie holding a bloody knife which I guessed had been in my heart. 

I saw her sit down beside my body and I fell asleep as my soul drifted away.