Chapter 24

"Oh no!" I whispered. "Nat ,Maddie invisibility spell!" 

"Amarama." Invisible, we said so quietly, you couldn't even count it as a whisper. "Follow me, and hold on to my backpack. Don't make any noise." Nat grabbed onto my backpack, and Maddie grabbed onto Nat's. (At least I assumed that she did, since I felt a little pull.) 

"Brooke, we have to find them! They're right in this pyramid! We'll be able to find them quickly." 

"Which tunnel?" Brooke asked. She knew they were close to finding us and then killing us. At least she was. 

"Um, the first one." We were lucky, that was the tunnel we came from. Luckily it was a really long tunnel. They went running and after a minute, we touched the pyramid and ran to the Sphinx. We were still invisible that way if they heard us, they wouldn't be able to see us or catch us. 

We soon arrived at the Sphinx, and got right to work. "We have to stay invisible." 

"Candace, there's too many people. We have to come back tonight at midnight and then go." 

"Okay, fine." 

"You also need to rest your shoulder." I kind of forgot my shoulder, but when she mentioned it, it started to kill again. We went to the bathroom and came out visible again. We ran to get a taxi. Just as we got in, Brooke and Brent came out of the pyramid. Brooke pointed and they started running towards us. 

"Go, go! Fast please. Lots of money if you go really fast." The taxi took off and I kept looking back. "Go to the nex exit please." I said. 

"Candace, was it them?" 

"Yep, I don't know how they saw us. We were all in the taxi and ready to go." 

"I don't know either, but we do have to be more careful. They'll catch us soon if we're not more careful." 

"I know. We should be okay, so I think that we can eat at a non-fast food restaurant if we want. I would love to if you do. No McDonalds for sure." 

"Let's go to a non-fast food place." We soon got to the next exit, but it couldn't have been soon of enough. We payed the taxi driver, and left. We ran and found an Italian restaurant. We went inside and then came back out to change Maddie. Maddie just zapped into a purse right there, because people never did seem to notice. Then we ran back into the restaurant to eat. 

"Not a window seat please." I said. If Brooke or Brent had gotten the license plate and saw our taxi driving back, they'd probably guess we were there. 

We sat right in the middle of the restaurant. We sat down and ordered. I got spaghetti and Nat got penne, because we knew we wouldn't be having that for awhile again if we kept going like the way we were. (If we even made it out of the mission alive. Happy thought!) We ate and talked for awhile. Even after we were done, we talked another half hour. Then we decided to order another meal each, because we were hungry, and who knew when we'd eat again. 

I hadn't eaten in days, and Nat barely ate anything so we were hungry and any leftovers could go to Maddie. I had a chicken sandwich, and Nat had some lasagna. 

"This is so good!" I exclaimed. "It's nice to eat non-fast food and more healthy food." 

"I know! It's nice to just sit too, and not worry too much. We haven't enjoyed a meal in forever!" 

"We can only hope Brent and Brooke don't stop for Italian food. I don't think Brent really likes it so that's good." 

"Yeah, it's a huge exit so hopefully they don't walk into the one place they can't." 

"With our luck they will." 

"Don't say that Nat!" 

"Sorry, but you know it's true." 

"Okay, well let's hope it's not that bad." I agreed. We finished our meal. "Dessert?" I asked Nat. 

"Sure." We got a huge piece of chocolate cake which was amazing! I hadn't had chocolate in forever either. Then we ordered a spaghetti to go, partly so we could talk a little longer, and partly so Maddie could have something to eat too. After about being there for two hours, we left to go somewhere to hide. We took a taxi a ways down and then went back up to a totally different exit. We went there and hid behind some buildings. We set up camp. 

"Maddie," I asked when we went behind a building. "Can you keep guard while Nat and I just sleep for a couple of hours? Then we can go back to the Sphinx." 

Maddie nodded. "You don't need to sleep do you?" Nat asked. Maddie shook her head. After being a purse for awhile, it must be nice to get up. I think it was fairly comfortable, and I think she slept most of the time. I didn't feel bad asking her. I fell asleep and dreamt of, well guess, it was becoming a habit, and not a good one either. 

"Where are they?" Brent asked. 

"I don't know, but see, they're trying to get away from us. They were in the pyramid and they saw us and took off!" Brooke said. 

"Maybe they thought we were monsters since we came out of the pyramid." 

"Brent, what other proof do you need to know they're not coming and they're running away from us? To know they don't want us with them? To know they're hiding from us? Brent, what else do you need to know? What other proof do you need? I'm sorry, but it's time to give up." Brooke pleaded. She sounded about ready to cry. She was a good actress, I'd give here that, and that alone. 

"Brooke, I've lived with Candace my whole life, and Natalie most of my life. I know them. They are not like that. They wouldn't leave me..." His voice trailed off. "What have you done Brooke? What made you drive them away?" 

"Nothing!" She protested. Nothing my butt! 

"I know both of my sisters! I know they wouldn't leave me for this long of a time. You did something that I don't know about, and they do. What are you up to?" 

"I think it's time we had a talk, Brent." 

Brent backed away. "About what?" he asked suspiciously. 

"A plan that i've had for awhile." 

"Is it the surprise that involved Candace and Natalie?" 

"On no. We need them here for that. So, here it goes. You know when I 'went back home,' they hid me somewhere. I don't really remember to well, but I did say some threatening things, because I was mad. Now, they think I might do them. Understand?" 

"What's your plan then?" 

"To reunite us all!" Brooke said in a pageant girl voice. Like when they say, I want world peace and so on. 

"That makes sense." Brent said, he seemed to understand. I wanted to scream, "NO, IT'S ALL A LIE!", but I couldn't. 

Brooke smiled. "Good, now I guess we can continue if you really want to. If we want to carry out my plan anyways." 

"Okay, but Brooke if we know they're near, then we have to split up. Maybe if they see me, then they'll come to talk to me." 

"Perfect." Brooke said and smiled. She knew we would talk to Brent, and she would attack us. Then they walked into a cab all happy and smiley, but I knew the truth, and I knew Nat and I were in a lot of trouble.