Chapter 97 Despair's Den

After a three days run, Tagor slowed down to take a small break and that gave Thanerah some relief. She panted as she walked towards the nearest tree and dropped herself on the grassy ground with a huff as she is still in her wolf form. Hidan didn’t seem to be tired at all and he was looking around the area in patrol. He was looking around in high alert as they were in an uncharted forest with wide open spaces. He turned to the resting group “We should keep moving.”

Both wolves and Thunder growled at him. Hidan groaned softly in annoyance and looked around once more. “Look, we can’t stick around here long. The f**king Ukrahs will find us if we don’t move fast.”

Tagor phase back into human so he could say to Hidan “And you think we don’t know that?”

Hidan glared at him over his shoulder “Hey, it’s your f**king fault that you wanted to run in the first place.”

“That’s because I know that we can fight off a bunch of Ukrahs with no problem!”

“Tch…” he scoffed as he looked away from Tagor.

Thanerah phased as well back into her human form but she continued to lie on the ground. Thunder appeared by her side and lied down beside her. She brought her hand up to pet his head softly and he purred like a cat in return. Thanerah smiled at the response and closed her eyes to rest, since she hadn’t got much sleep since they left Jontha.

Tagor said to Hidan “See? Even your wife is exhausted.”

Hidan glanced at her over his shoulder and sighed heavily in defeat “Well…I guess we can rest for an hour or two.”

Tagor pulled out a bottle of water from his bag and said to him before he drank “Now you’re talking.”

Hidan looked around one more time then walked towards Thanerah so he could sit right beside her after pulling his scythe out from his back. Thanerah felt his presence and opened her eyes to see him. “Hi love…” she tiredly said to him. Hidan turned to look at her and smirked softly. He brought his hand towards her face so he could caress her cheek softly.

“Take some rest, babe. You’re gonna need it.” Thanerah smiled weakly at Hidan but obeyed as she let out a long relief sigh. Hidan continued to caress her cheek softly and pushed some of her black bangs away from her face. He scooted closer to her lying figure and gently brought her head on his lap to make it more comfortable for her. She didn’t seem to mind because she smiled widely and she let out another long sigh.

Hidan played with her black long hair as she slept and was leaning against the bark of the tree where they were sitting under. Hidan let out a long sigh as he leaned his head against the bark and closed his eyes to take a small nap of his own. Tagor said to him “I’ll keep a look out.” Hidan only murmured to him and tried to go to sleep.

--

Thanerah continued to see the images of her target but they were slightly fuzzy to see the target’s face clearly but she heard his voice and can see that he was wearing very rich clothes. Plus, there were two big hooded cloak bodyguards with long big swords. Thanerah presumed that they’re his bodyguards for protection. Lord Jashin AKA father said to her that he had been sending rumors around town about how Jashinists should be destroyed at all cost and he demanded for his death. When he told her, Thanerah couldn’t help but to feel excited to see the sight of her target’s blood spilling in the air. She never knew that she could be so bloodthirsty but she just is. Thanerah opened her eyes from her dream to see her brother awake and was tense from what she could tell. Thanerah slowly sat up and looked at her husband who was taking a nap against the bark of the tree along with Thunder.

She glanced at her brother and asked him “How long have I been sleeping?”

He answered “An hour and a half.”