Chapter 23 Cookie

Wolf Thanerah ran towards the battle scene with the thick smoke still rising to the air then she stopped when she saw three teenagers with their backs facing her. Thanerah quickly hid herself behind a thick dead tree but watched in observation from the corner.

*What are they doing?* thought Thanerah, she looked up ahead and gasped mentally.

Kakuzu was just standing there with three monsters with different masks, but the teenagers weren’t looking at Kakuzu so Thanerah followed their direction and saw two people fighting each other while climbing up on a dead tree.

*Hidan...* thought Thanerah, as she recognized the silver head and the large three-bladed-scythe.

*Who’s the other silver head?* asked Thanerah mentally, soon she heard someone’s voice “Whose there?!” She flinched and she looked to see that it was one of the teenagers; he had black hair in a pineapple style with sharp eyes and was wearing a Jounin uniform.

Thanerah hesitated for a moment before she stepped out to reveal herself to him. He arched a brow at her and mumbled “A wolf?”

The other two teenagers turned their heads to their comrade, “Shikamaru, what are you talking about?” then both of them turned their heads to Thanerah.

She only stared at them blankly but she was silently observing them, *They’re from the Leaf Village.*

The girl with light blonde long hair with simple light blue eyes while wearing purples clothes that seemed to be a bit too revealing, mumbled “That’s quite big for a wolf,” her two comrades nodded in agreement.

Soon the girl started to walk towards Thanerah slowly, “Ino, what are you doing?” asked Shikamaru as he quickly glanced at Kakuzu who was watching them but his eyes widened softly when he saw Thanerah.

*Thanerah? What are you doing here?* asked Kakuzu mentally as he narrowed his eyes at the wolf.

The girl, Ino, walked closer to Thanerah slowly as she put a hand out for Thanerah to sniff but she only growled dangerously at her. Shikamaru said to his female comrade “Ino, get away! We have no time for this!”

Ino pulled her hand away from Thanerah quickly when she growled at her; she hesitated for a moment while glancing between Thanerah and Shikamaru.

“But Shikamaru...” suddenly Thanerah saw Hidan landing on his feet while skidding back as the other one does the same on the opposite side.

Hidan smirked widely and said “You’re pretty good…”

Hidan glanced at Kakuzu and he saw that Kakuzu was looking intensely at the teenagers, “Hey Kakuzu! What the fuck are you looking at?” asked Hidan but Kakuzu didn’t say anything. Hidan arched a brow at his partner when he didn’t answer so he looked at Kakuzu’s direction. His eyes widened when he saw a large black wolf that is right behind the three Konoha teenagers.

‘Tha-Thanerah?’ asked Hidan mentally *what are you doing here?!*

Kakuzu glanced at Hidan and said to him in a tone that only Hidan could hear “Get her out of here quickly.”

Hidan eyes widened once more “Y-You’re not going to...!”

Kakuzu nodded “We need to kill them quickly”

Hidan looked at Thanerah once more to see her looking at him.

--

Thanerah fortunately could hear their conversation and she immediately saw the white haired Konoha ninja doing a handsign and he was going to attack Kakuzu and Hidan while they were slightly distracted. Thanerah’s eyes widened and she quickly jumped over the teenagers who ducked quickly, Thanerah quickly ran towards the Konoha ninja who was preparing himself to charge towards Kakuzu and Hidan.