Chapter 19 Marriage

Hidan woke up when he heard a soft cluttering from the door. Hidan quickly sat up from the bed while Thanerah was still sleeping soundlessly. He noticed the doorknob shaking a bit as if someone from the other side of the door was trying to open it. He quickly got out of bed, grabbed his scythe from the corner and went to the door.

He grabbed the handle of the door and it stopped shaking. Then he breathed in deeply before he quickly unlocked the door and swung it open. He sighed in relief and glared at the intruder “Don’t do that, Deidara. I thought you were an enemy or something.”

Deidara grinned sheepishly at him and said “Sorry about that, Hidan.” He glanced inside the room “Did I wake you?”

Hidan nodded and then Deidara asked “What about Thanerah?”

Hidan mentioned his head towards her and Deidara took a look.

“Still asleep?” asked Deidara and Hidan nodded.

Hidan looked at Deidara and asked “What took you so fucking long?”

Deidara glared at Hidan “Hey, it’s not easy tracking you down here. You’re pretty far away from the Rain Village. Be glad that I’m even helping you.”

Hidan scoffed softly.

Deidara then asked him “So, did you beat Orochimaru?”

“I...I just got lucky. He wasn’t there so I had the advantage of getting Thanerah out,” Hidan lied. He doesn’t really want anyone to know what really happened.

“Then how the hell did you end up here?” asked Deidara with his arms crossed with narrow eyes.

Hidan sighed heavily and answered “The place blew up when I got Thanerah out. The main entrance was blocked so we had to use a different out.”

“And you had no idea how to get back to the village?” Deidara asked with a bored frown.

Hidan glared at Deidara but nodded with a small groan; even though that he’s lying.

Deidara said to Hidan “Come on, Hidan. Time to go back, hmm.”

Hidan went to Thanerah’s side of the bed and shook her shoulder to wake her up. “Thanerah, Thanerah! Wake the fuck up!” said Hidan but she just groaned and sleepily opened one eye at him.

“What?” she asked tiredly.

“Time to head back.”

She groaned once more and closed her eyes. “Give me another 10 minutes...zzzz”

Hidan groaned deeply and then gathered Thanerah in his arms so he was carrying her bridle style.

Hidan followed Deidara outside with Thanerah sleeping in his arms. Deidara buried his hand in his clay pouch before he created a sculpture of a bird and he threw it on the ground before he did a handsign. The clay bird soon poof and became larger, Deidara jumped on the back of the bird with Hidan and Thanerah before the bird took off into the night sky.

Thanerah cuddled on Hidan’s warm chest as she was still in his arms. Deidara glanced at Thanerah and asked Hidan “Why is she wearing only your cloak? Hmm…”

Hidan grinned at him and asked “What do you think?”

Deidara’s jaw dropped with his eyes widened like white plates. “Y-You...and sh-she...?”

Hidan grin widened and said to him “No. She turned into a werewolf.”

Deidara sighed in relief with his shoulders dropped. Hidan raised a brow at Deidara before he asked “You wanted to sleep with her or something?”