Chapter 76 Sweet

Bansu stared at Hidan in shock from his sudden outburst, but when he saw Thanerah lying on the bed with her cheeks crimson; he immediately got his answer to his silent question. “Sorry for the disturbance”

“You better have a good f**king reason from me giving you a good f**king beating” growled Hidan in anger. He was really angry for being interrupted, especially with a time with Thanerah.

Bansu sighed softly, since Hidan didn’t seem that he could wait for Bansu to explain entirely. So he decided to show him instead; he dug his hand in his pockets and pulled out two train tickets. “I got you two some tickets to get into the Republic City. The High Priest is at the Grand Police Station”

“And they even f**king aware that Hanatul City has been destroyed?” asked Hidan as he rested his hands on his hips, his anger slowly fading.

“It’s in the news”

Hidan heard the small Inn television being turned on from behind. He glanced over his shoulder to see his wife sitting on the edge of the foot of the bed while looking at the small box TV. Hidan immediately heard the news.

 “We have been reported of Hanatul City has gone worse than we expected. Hanatul City has been destroyed by unexpected explosions; the surviving Jashinists are unknown to be found.. The High Priest himself wasn’t there when it occurred; he is still being interrogated by the police in the Republic City of a murder case”

Hidan returned his gaze to Bansu “All right, thanks Bansu for the tickets” he growled “Now go away” he slammed the door in his face. The room went dark immediately when he slammed the door closed but Hidan immediately walked towards the night stand to turn on the lamp as the TV was the only light in the room.

Thanerah was still watching the news as she felt the bed shifted by Hidan. She suddenly felt warmth behind her, as she expected, strong arms were wrapped around her waist from behind and she was sitting between his legs. She smiled softly as his welcoming warmth and gladly leaned against his brick-like bare chest.

Everything went quiet for a while but the couple didn’t mind at all and enjoyed their small warm cuddling. Until Hidan asked her “What were you going to say, Thanerah?”

“...” she fell entirely silent. When she tried to say something, her throat felt entirely dry as if she hadn’t drank any water for decades. Was it fear that stole her voice away? Preventing her from saying the three magic words she wanted to say to him when she realized it? Was she afraid of telling him? That can’t be right. Right?

Before, she felt so confident of telling him her feelings before they were disturbed. Now this was the perfect chance to tell him but now she was completely mute to him by being consumed by fear. It drove her insane that she just couldn’t tell him how she really felt for him.

Does he feel the same way about her? Oh God, she hopes so. If he rejects her love, her soul might shatter into a million pieces and her heart will turn into dust. She could already feel the painful tight feeling in her stomach and her heart aching from the terrible thought.

“Thanerah?” asked Hidan as she was absolutely quiet for the past three minutes. He didn’t even hear a single breath escaping from her lips, as if she has been frozen.

She slightly glanced at him but quickly looked away “Thanerah, say something...” he softly begged her as he was feeling being pushed out.

Her lips trembled when she slightly opened her mouth to say something “I-I—” when she tried to stare at him in the eyes, she immediately froze and felt speechless. She immediately have doubts *W-What if he rejects me? If he does, then what would be the point of living if he doesn’t love me? Being a wife he doesn’t love?*