Chapter 87 Break In

Hidan woke up and felt cold. He opened his eyes to see an empty space beside him where Thanerah use to lie. He sat up from the bed slowly and rubbed his eyes as the sunlight was barely entering the bedroom through the thick curtains. Hidan looked around and finally found Thanerah sitting on a chair and sitting in front of the make-up desk while she was combing her black wavy hair. She was wearing silky fabric robe to cover her naked body and when she saw Hidan, she smiled at him lovingly. “Good morning.”

Hidan yawned freely and rubbed his eyes to get the tiredness out of his system. “Morning.” He cracked his back and he let out a soft groan from it. “What time is it?” he asked tiredly.

“It’s 10 in the morning.”

“Fuck,” he cracked his neck “I fucking slept longer than I thought.” He pushed the covers off his naked body and got out of bed to walk to the bathroom. Thanerah stopped combing so she could watch him walking to the bathroom in nude through the mirror. She was smiling widely as she was checking his delicious perfect body. Hidan winked at his wife through the mirror before entering the bathroom and he let it open as he entered the shower. Thanerah let out a small laugh as she returned her eyes to herself then continued to groom her hair.

--

Tylira and Hidan dressed up normally to go out before the big night of the masquerade ball; of course Hidan was in disguise. They both were sitting in a table while drinking some coffee and eating some breakfast that they collected from the food buffet in the hotel’s restaurant. Hidan sipped his black coffee normally while Thanerah was chewing a piece of sausage with her fork.

Hidan asked her while reading the newspaper in his free hand, “You know what you’re doing, babe?”

“Yep” she replied with her mouth half full of the sausage and swallowed it hard.

“So you already got a fucking plan?” asked Hidan thoroughly as he flipped to the next page of his newspaper. Now it was reminding her Kakuzu when Hidan was nearly in the same position as him.

“You know, you’re acting more like Kakuzu right now.”

Hidan froze to give her a not amused look, “You got to be fucking kidding me, right?” he asked her flatly.

Thanerah immediately put her hands up in defense, “I’m not saying it as a bad thing.” Hidan sighed heavily.

“I’m not acting like that fucker, honey. You know that I hated him.”

“Yet you both see each other as brothers, since you both have immortality.”

“…” Hidan was quiet after that but he was looking at Thanerah with a hint of remorse in his eyes while thinking of his dead Akatsuki partner. He flapped his newspaper as he diverted his eyes away from her “That still doesn’t change anything. Besides, he’s already fucking dead” he said to her flatly.

Thanerah sighed heavily and took a few more bites of her breakfast while looking at her husband, *Hidan…*

--

Later that day, evening came and people were getting ready for the masquerade ball that will be taken place in the King’s palace. Thanerah and Hidan were dressing up in their hotel bedroom and they dressed up in absolute silence. Since this morning with the conversation with Kakuzu, Hidan had been quiet the entire day, sometimes not even looking at Thanerah. This sadden her that her husband was avoiding her but she could understand that he needed some time alone to remorse for his Akatsuki partner.

Thanerah put the red dress on but she needed some help to zip up her dress so she asked her husband “Hidan?”

He stopped as he was putting on his black coat and glanced at his wife over his shoulder “Hmm?”